•  

Benni

Soooo frustrated!!

Had a bad day yesterday. Everything seemed to take so long to do and I became so frustrated  at not being able to do things like I  used to. Hubs  said ' I  thought  you'd  be over that by now.' I said ' I'll  never get over it!'
Am I  wrong in feeling that  way?

To be honest your not

I had my stroke just over a year ago and I hate that I am a mere image of my former self.

People keep telling me to do the best I can  but its hard knowing what I was like before or the things that made life fun and rewarding 

Ed

I wouldn't say I'm over it, but I've learned to be patient with how long it takes me to do some things. Used to be I could turn a bolt with a screwdriver in my sleep. Now it takes several tries, drops, pickups, try again, lather rinse repeat to get it done. One 1 inch screw too me 10 minutes a couple days ago. Embrace your inner duck. :wink:

Pretty much what Scott said. Some days I'm frustrated and out of patience with myself and this whole thing but most days I'm good at being a duck.  I accept that life is what it is and what I can't change is not worth getting cross at.  The big challenge of the year is looming for me. I so used to love wrapping gifts for Christmas, these days it just shows me how cack handed I have become. It takes forever and I'm never happy with the result, but I still refuse to let others do it for me.

I don't think I've ever met a demented weasel, but it sounds like your results are much like mine. Thankfully family is not as judgmental of my results as I am.

I rage from time to time, and am resigned at others, and feel grateful that I have as much function as I have at yet others.  It varies, depending on circumstances, tiredness, stress, and so on.

One thing that never fails to uplift me, however, is the banter on this board.  Makes me feel quite privileged to be a member of this exclusive club, even if the entry fee is rather high :-)

Thanks bunches, guys. I need to give my duck a good pep talk, I guess. 

I have a good idea what a demented weasel looks, I raised ferrets for a couple years.  tumblr_nolxd2VQ4h1s8oq44o1_500.gif

On 12/5/2017 at 11:40 AM, Benni said:

Had a bad day yesterday. Everything seemed to take so long to do and I became so frustrated  at not being able to do things like I  used to. Hubs  said ' I  thought  you'd  be over that by now.' I said ' I'll  never get over it!'
Am I  wrong in feeling that  way?

NO!

I don't fret too much about being slow; I think I'm used to it. But, I do get frustrated about not being able to do things, especially simple things, or at least things that used to be simple. Like wrapping Xmas presents, or tying a shoe. Then I get really frustrated. 

I have found that the best solution for me is adaptation. For instance, instead of getting frustrated trying to wrap presents,I get holiday-themed present bags, and just drop the present in the bag, and avoid wrapping at all. In the beginning, I had a lot of difficulty opening child-proof medicine caps. I requested normal caps from the drugstore because there are no children in our house. Avoiding problems? Yep. But it sure makes life easier,and it makes me a more pleasant person to be around.Problem is, there are a lot of things out there for which there isn't an adaptation.Then you utter a few unprintable words, and go into duck-mode.   Becky 

I never thought of asking a chemist to supply drugs in easy-open containers, I thought every thing came with those pensioner-proof caps that defy anything short of a hacksaw!

Deigh

3 hours ago, Deigh said:

I never thought of asking a chemist to supply drugs in easy-open containers, I thought every thing came with those pensioner-proof caps that defy anything short of a hacksaw!

Deigh

:lol:

11 hours ago, becky1 said:

For instance, instead of getting frustrated trying to wrap presents,I get holiday-themed present bags, and just drop the present in the bag, and avoid wrapping at all. In the beginning, I had a lot of difficulty opening child-proof medicine caps. I requested normal caps from the drugstore because there are no children in our house.   Becky 

Ditto on both issues.

Deigh, if you go to a compunding chemist they will have the old fashioned simple tablet containers. At one point The manufacturers of my regular tablets started double foiling them so you had to peal this backing off them before you could pop them out of the blister pack. So I took them back to the chemist and they put them into a container for me. Thankfully enough people must have moaned that they stopped doing it and went back to the easier packing.  The silly thing is that children would have had a much better chance of getting at those tablets than most adults.

I don't really have any problems. I was just joining in the fun! I do agree with you that kids can get into all sorts of stuff that is adult proof. As a youngster I was very adept at picking locks and my parents had no idea that I could get into their private cupboards. Trouble is that I had no idea what the papers meant that they kept there, and there was no cash!

Deigh

you are absolutely ok to have a day... Heck I have those days quite often and that means that you're human :)  Oh darn :wink:

16 hours ago, ksmith said:

you are absolutely ok to have a day... Heck I have those days quite often and that means that you're human :)  Oh darn :wink:

:smile: