•  

Danielle

newbie stroke survivor

Hi, I'm almost 8 yrs post stroke (12/18/09). Although no recovered from minor physical deficits I'm dealing with alot more of the emotional aftermath of hemorragic stroke. Anxiety, short-tempered (use to be very patient, laid back) It might sound silly but I've just realized how more anxious & frustrated & depressed I feel this time of year compared to other times. Anyone else? Any tips that help you get through these times? Looking forward to meeting you all & sharing experiences.

I quite agree with you about this time of the year. I am not a 'Christmassy' person and find the whole season irritating to the extreme. 

Deigh

yes.. I get in a funk every year about this time. Shorter days, darker earlier, and having less money and the frustration and guilt for not being able to do for others as well for myself. Just think.. starting December 21st In meteorology, winter in the Northern Hemisphere spans the entire period of December through February. The seasonal significance of the winter solstice is in the reversal of the gradual lengthening of nights and shortening hours of daylight during the day.  I feel your funk :(