•  

Shell

New to the group

Hi everyone,

I'm Shell, 43 years old from the UK. I suffered a stroke in 2014, lost the use of my left side but recovered really well. Then last year started with post stroke migraines, a severe one can mimic a stroke so had a couple of visits to the hospital with them. Then around 7 months ago I started with pain mainly on my left side but I do feel pain slightly on my right side too. My neurologist has said it's central post stroke pain, I'm just wondering if anyone else suffers with this? Has anyone started with it so long after a stroke? 3 years after my stroke for me. I'm trying to get my head around the fact I'll have this pain long term 😔. Anyway, it's nice to 'meet' you all x 

Hello and welcome

Wish I had an answer but I don't but you picked a great place to ask

Hope you get your answer soon

Ed

Welcome!  Glad you found your way here! 

This type of pain goes by many names.  We refer to CPS as Central Pain Syndrome in the states.  I found it difficult to find non-clinical information about it so I created a website for it at http://centralpainsyndrome.net/

10 hours ago, Shell said:

My neurologist has said it's central post stroke pain, I'm just wondering if anyone else suffers with this?

Several members, including myself, have CPS.  I have had CPS for over 20 years.  Check the main page to find the CPS forum. 

10 hours ago, Shell said:

Has anyone started with it so long after a stroke? 3 years after my stroke for me.

Mine started at about 3 years, too. 

Shell, although I haven't had a migraine since my stroke, my heart goes out to you for I can remember I felt like my head was splitting in half.   As Steve said, there are a few members that also have CPS and I hope you can find relief or tips and tricks to use for yourself.  Pleasure to meet you x

21 hours ago, Shell said:

Hi everyone,

I'm Shell, 43 years old from the UK. I suffered a stroke in 2014, lost the use of my left side but recovered really well. Then last year started with post stroke migraines, a severe one can mimic a stroke so had a couple of visits to the hospital with them. Then around 7 months ago I started with pain mainly on my left side but I do feel pain slightly on my right side too. My neurologist has said it's central post stroke pain, I'm just wondering if anyone else suffers with this? Has anyone started with it so long after a stroke? 3 years after my stroke for me. I'm trying to get my head around the fact I'll have this pain long term . Anyway, it's nice to 'meet' you all x 

Welcome to the group, Shell! :hi:

My post stroke pain started about a year later, and any relief from that has eluded me.

I get frequent headaches too; in the early days I'd be so freaked out I'd have to go to the ER to get evaluated!   (Now it's meds and an ice-pack.) 

Thankyou for the warm welcome. I'll have a read of the CPS forum. 

Thankyou again for being so welcoming x

Hi,Shell.WELCOME TO STROKENET! While I had a severe stroke about 10 yrs,. ago, I don't have CPS, but want to welcome you. I'd start by reading Steve's link, posted above. And, others will pop in shortly. I hope you get your questions answered to your satisfaction.Best, Becky