Countdown To Christmas!

•  

Even after five years I still think of Christmas as family time, I am lucky to be spending this Christmas with some of mine. But the memories of former times are still strong so I miss Ray still. So to all of you who have lost loved ones I wish you a peaceful and enjoyable celebration. We need to keep on making new memories too.

I guess it is easy to blame what is happening in my life on the loss of Ray even now I am five years out from his death. But that is the genesis of it. I need to go on now as if being a widow is normal. I have met many widows in my lifetime and some !ove being alone, independent, unsupervised and am amazed that I do not think that way  Just proves we are all different I guess

Last Friday would have been our 50t.h wedding anniversary had Ray still been alive, instead I went through the day alone . We were together for 44 years although separated due to ill health for the last 15 months. I still miss him, always will I guess.  I had no phone calls so I guess no-one else remembered. I put a wedding photo on my Facebook page and got some nice comments. I am glad some people do understand the sadness and regret the day conjured up.

Sue, I cannot imagine the sadness you must have felt.  50 years has that nice ring to it, and something married people look forward to.  Without trying to be blasé, you can take comfort in the fact death kept you from the years of marriage leading up to your 50th, nothing else.

Ray is alive in your heart, celebrating with you always.