•  

we went on our river cruise and it was totally awesome. The viking staff onboard all expressed and showed concern for my safety.I was able to maneuver around the boat with no problem, even..ahem...after a visit to the whisky bar...The food was fabulous and I sampled the local brews in every bavarian town we passed.The excursions were mostly on buses, but I also managed the " easy leisurely" walking tours,even walking across the 1/2 mils chain bridge in Budapest after lunching on the Pest side. 

I found my workouts have strengthened my leg stamina and ability. I am using the squat machine with 160 pounds now.Its a struggle and I try to emphasize the left leg which is the weaker, but it helps. 

We were thrilled to visit ancient towns like Regensburg, and Passau in germany. also vienna and then Budapest.

soooo- next July we are booked on a 7 day in Southern France!  Provence and Avignon to Lyon.then the high speed train to Paris for 4 nights there.My favorite street..rue Cler is where we are staying.A lot to look forward to. VIking offered us a super deal as repeat cruisers, could not turn it down . 

HOpefully I will be walkn even stronger by then

here are some photos you can browse of our cruise,,,happy day all....!

Hi Alan,

That is awesome.  I'm am so impressed.  I still have a ways to go.  I can't get on a boat yet.  Or a rocking chair.  The movement messes me up in the head.  I just got a small trampoline over weekend to practice and see if that will help me get over it.  Busy over weekend so not assembled yet, maybe today.   Not sure what a squat machine is.  But 160 pounds on any machine sounds pretty impressive.

My walks though are getting longer.  I did 2 miles last week with my walking sticks.  Can't barely get 100 ft without them.  But still getting tired easily.

looked at your photos.  Really nice.  Is that you and your wife at the Escobar?  I also see you eyeing the McD's

McD's doesn't look the same without its yellow arches. 

Alan, your pictures are gorgeous!

Beautiful photos - thanks for sharing!

I have to say, the "archless" McD's reminds me of the one here in downtown Minneapolis - or am I thinking of a Burger King?  Well, it looks like one of them!  Guess I haven't been downtown for a while - livin' it up in the 'burbs :-)

That is amazing (the trip).  Really happy that it worked out, and congratulations on the leg strengthening.