•  

23 hours ago, heathber said:

No JonJ I was worried at first but it turns out you can get by just fine with only the three arteries to the brain. There are 4 feeder arteries usually and they all feed into a ring that feeds the brain sections, so as long as the ring itself is OK you get by just fine with only 3 feeder arteries. It was fascinating to see the MRI done a couple of years after the artery closed and to see the way the others had all gotten bigger. The body and brain are quite adaptable when they have to be.

It never even occurred to me to ask to see my MRI.  I presume you need an appointment for that.  Insurance won't pay for that I'd imagine....does anyone know what that costs? I think I'd like to see that.

had a pretty bad fall last week, and broke my clavicle. NO bruising though I hit the garage floor hard,I expected to have a big purple spot. But none, just a lot of pain, controllable with tylenol so far. Wearing a sling for 4 to 6 weeks until it heals.I was a idiot! oh well you learn as you go

I don't think you can break your clavicle in any noble way.  Always embarrasing.  I broke mine as a kid playing tag and slipping on the wet grass.   I had to wear the sling too.  Worst thing was it immobilized my writing hand and had to write wrong. 

Take care and be careful. 

On 2/22/2018 at 5:48 PM, JonJ said:

It never even occurred to me to ask to see my MRI.  I presume you need an appointment for that.  Insurance won't pay for that I'd imagine....does anyone know what that costs? I think I'd like to see that.

You just need to fill out a records release for where they did the MRI. I did that and got my MRI on a CD which I was able to hand carry to the neuro's office. While you have it make a copy then you can look at it again at your leisure after they explain it.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:48 AM, JonJ said:

I'm not in America so no idea how it would be handled there.  Here (Australia) it was done as part of preparation for some other surgery, they were doing at a risk assessment for general  anesthetic at the request of the surgeon and the Neuro who was doing it thought the best way to make me comfortable with it all was to show me and explain his reasoning, So it was all covered by my insurance.

When they took mine at the hospital, after the stroke, they gave me a copy.  Also they have it online so my doctors can access it with them.  Not sure about other rules.

In Toronto, I just asked the hospital and they gave me a couple of DVDs with all the images.  Cost about $5 for the physical disks, the the rest was free,  One of the many joys of a nationalized health service.

On 2/25/2018 at 5:29 PM, stockflyer said:

When they took mine at the hospital, after the stroke, they gave me a copy.  Also they have it online so my doctors can access it with them.  Not sure about other rules.

A copy....so....one image? I guess I kind of thought it'd be more like a movie?

On 2/25/2018 at 10:03 AM, scottm said:

You just need to fill out a records release for where they did the MRI. I did that and got my MRI on a CD which I was able to hand carry to the neuro's office. While you have it make a copy then you can look at it again at your leisure after they explain it.

Were you able to understand it....the nuance of it....details?

No it was on dvd.  I never looked at it.  Sits on my desk but I can't seem to want to look at it.

Have your neurologist explain it to you, this is nothing to guess about

my angiogram went well, if it had shown a badly occluded artery the Surgeon would have suggested stenting , but no mention was made, we meet Monday to go over the details.     I will ask if I need t stay on   the  plavix. I have a day to relax and let the hole in my upper leg heal.