•  

scottm

I don't know why

The last few months I have found myself deleting my posts as soon as I submit then or shortly thereafter. I go back an read them and just get the sense that I didn't really add to the conversation or that my post didn't really have any value to add to the topic at hand. I don't know why but I'd say I delete 80% of my posts within a few minutes of posting them. In looking back I think it started about the time I started with the cymbalta for the CPS. Then again, maybe I'm just showing better judgement in my postings. :huh:

You may think you don't add to  conversation but you do. I'm not being funny but some of our minds work in different way, processing, so we understand your point or your thought process . At least I understand different thought processes.  At that moment it made sense and when we look back at things our mindset isn't the same.  ( at least in my thinking . I am notorious for trying to be unbiased and come across as a meanie and I truly am not)

Scott, FWIW, I, for one, wish that you wouldn't second-guess yourself on here. I wish no one would. I've learned so much from Strokenet, and one of the reasons is the different pespectives. And, you never know how a comment you make will make sense to someone, and make their understanding of themselves or others a little clearer. But, truth be told, I censor myself, sometimes, too. We probably all do at times. I 

sometimes think that I have nothing to add to the conversation either, but whatever comment I make, is saying, "Hi. I'M OUT HERE AND LISTENING." That's important to me sometimes- that others know that I'm there, and listening, even though I don't have much, if anything, to say. I hope that knowing others are listening will help them feel supported, that their thoughts matter.   Becky

Hey, Scott, I hope this doesn't sound too over-the-top, but I want you to know that there are certain people who post here who have stood out in my mind because I enjoyed reading what they had to say, and you're one of them.  Sometimes I enjoy their ideas, sometimes it's just because it feels like relating to a familiar friend.  I hope you keep posting - I appreciate what you add to this site!  Besides, when we're hanging out with our friends, not everything we say is profound (and no one expects it to be), but we still come away feeling better for having connected with people who are on our side (and that flows both ways).

On 2/5/2018 at 4:48 PM, becky1 said:

Scott, FWIW, I, for one, wish that you wouldn't second-guess yourself on here. I wish no one would. I've learned so much from Strokenet, and one of the reasons is the different pespectives. And, you never know how a comment you make will make sense to someone, and make their understanding of themselves or others a little clearer. But, truth be told, I censor myself, sometimes, too. We probably all do at times. I 

sometimes think that I have nothing to add to the conversation either, but whatever comment I make, is saying, "Hi. I'M OUT HERE AND LISTENING." That's important to me sometimes- that others know that I'm there, and listening, even though I don't have much, if anything, to say. I hope that knowing others are listening will help them feel supported, that their thoughts matter.   Becky

I second that WHOLEHEARTEDLY!!!!!  I'm here to learn....and anyone's opinions, thoughts or ideas.....are all new to me.