•  

I didn't want to start this conversation, I was waiting for someone else to ask questions and then I could have come in showing my knowledge about it and look clever. This hasn't happened so I've had to start the ball rolling.

I have had problems for some years with constipation, it is mainly due to a medicine I've been taking for some time Losec. My stroke added to the problem and it got quite uncomfortable at times. About a year ago I started yet another search for a solution and came across an advert for MUCIL. 'You probably havent enough fibre in your diet'. Said the advert. "Nonsense", was my reply, "I have a good range of all the right things in my foodstore". Anyway their argument was pretty convincing so I tried it as a powder, spreading it over my breakfast cornflakes.

I have never looked back, the results were excellent so now I'm an advocate of it.

Deigh:happy-dance:ooops, sorry, that wasn't the ideal Smiley to add!

Deigh

Thanks so much for sharing such helpful info.  I think a lot more of us deal with this than anyone knows about.  And I for one enjoyed your smiley even if it was an oops.

i use   Metamucil daily. It helps and is better for your systsem than senna, which is a laxative 

My doctor put me on Lizness.. it's a stool softener. He also could not preach enough, " Fiber is your friend"See the source image

I have that problem mainly from my medicines ..and I get a lot of hemorrhoids.. and not to be gross but he told me if they 'pop' out try to push them back in. And I do or soak in a warm bath with Epson Salt   https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/epsom-salt-bath  <------ I do this as well