•  

alansd

we are getting a dog!

we arrended a group pot luck dinner with people we worship with on Friday. After dinner we were chatting and I mentioned how we had lost our dog of 18 years, and were thinking about another one in the next few months.           A woman with us said she was moving ( to Australia) and had to give her dog up.
I asked what kind it was, and she said " Yorkie". My wifes head swiveled as this has been her desire for many years.We loved our little dog but she always commented when we would see or meet a Yorkie, She said we could never afford the fees most charge for that breed, and the lady said , "honey if you want her she is yours, with no charge!" So we drove out to meet her yesterday, and are thrilled, She is the sweetest little thing and no problem for me  to leash up and walk, which was a big worry.    We will get her in May when our friend packs her things to be shipped to Tazmania.             Very excited...

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPhcR4YC07JiRAoX6j0Dhu9QvyG3FAfdy-K0o4U

That sounds perfect Alan!  Australian quarantine would mean if she brings the dog here it would need to live in the quarantine center for 6 months which is very hard on the animal and very expensive.

How wonderful and synchronistic!  What a joy for you both.  This made my day to read.  Thanks for sharing.  You need to get together with Deigh regarding your guitar playing, if you have not already.  Marcia

Alan, I had to chuckle. My husband hears me often: "I want a Great Pyrenees! Mine disappeared 2 years ago.

My gosh, Heather. Why can't they just run a blood test at owner's expense?   Becky

there was a great pyrenees reported running wild around here today..that's odd.

the yorkies owner would not allow the long qurrantine in austrailia so we lucked out 

alansd..........Does this mean you have lost your opportunity to get the Yorkie?

Deigh

I think having a dog is such a wonderful thing. It reenergizes your heart and soul. xxooxx

I love little dogs - if they're getting into something they shouldn't, you can just pick them up and move them.  Doesn't work so well with a Great Dane....

Actually, I really do love little dogs.  I have a huge grin on my face for you, alansd!  Little sweet ones are the best!!