•  

SweetMom

Divorce on the horizon

Hello y’all. It’s been a while since I’ve been here. A lot has been going on. First and foremost I got my Lil Dude to keep me company. I also got served divorce papers. I was somewhat overwhelmed for a couple days but I’m trying to stay on track. 

It really didn’t come as a surprise but he didn’t even ask if we could work it out. In the whole year I was gone, I only talked to him 2 times on the phone. It was always text. He wouldn’t answer my calls. I’m pretty sure if I had gone back I would still be going thru it. He didn’t want to be married to a disabled wife. That was apparent. 

I’m sad about getting a divorce but it’s only because of the process not the divorce. 

I will write more later. 

large.73CF6EBB-6747-496E-8681-A20F16A8494B.png.5d28321fccd46119257e8bd6d22833b4.pnglarge.97E2B512-2D99-4365-8CCD-8CEC4715B4DE.png.80ee1365b10f7ba3f8c6d6eb432c6b67.png

I'm so sorry, hope things get better

Ed

Oh Donna, I'm so sorry.  Getting a divorce is hard let alone being Disabled and getting a divorce. I had a divorce 5 years after my stroke. It was in the planning even before my stroke so we actually ended on great terms. That being said, when I was first served with the papers, it hit me like a ton of bricks for I truly didn't remember all the turmoil we went through before my stroke.  It was only after did I learn all the crap.  I had to think about the times I was miserable with the situation. We weren't at each other throats or even uncivil.  It was hard for me to even understand that we loved each other but weren't "in love" anymore.

Since you were separated for the past year, like you said " 

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, SweetMom said:

It really didn’t come as a surprise

so let him go. It's always scary trying to start over. My ex husband is already dating, well for 3 years, and she is a great gal. We actually get along good.  But It think how am I going to meet someone. I don't like crowds, loud sound, bright lights.. and so on. Many people share that same issues as I do. I suggest focus on you. Be happy . Don't blame him for him leaving because he would only be a very unhappy person to be around let alone make you feel.

So scary to face a new life .. but after the fact.. it will be worth it..

:hug: I am with you the whole way and PS you are stunning  and your puppers is so cute 

Hi Donna Hugs from the other side of the world.  Both you and Lil Dude are looking well and happy.  So glad you have a pet to keep you company.

While divorce may seem overwhelming it's probably better to get it done and over with so you can close that door.

-Heather

Donna it is so good to hear from you. I really hate that things are where they are. I remember how hard things had been for you in the past. I will say there is light at the end of the tunnel. It will feel lighter (on your person and soul) than you can imagine. If any time needs to be all about you I would make it now. It feels great to take care of your needs. Selfish is not in this equation. Great pic btw...you and the lil guy. He is a cutie! :wink:

You only have to look at your pictures from "then" and "now" to see what stress-reduction has done for you. And that can't be a bad thing, losing stress, I mean.   Becky

Hi Donna

Quite a low blow, but I guess better in the long run.  You can make your life the way you want, without having to compromise for someone who doesn't really want to be there.  You've got lots and lots of good wishes on their way, plus lots of support available here.

Stay strong, and remember that you have shown that you are the better person.  And you have the cutest puppy!

It's amazing how quickly some people forget their wedding vows!  "In sickness and in health" sorry for you, sweetie!

Hi Donna you looking great, and its his lost. Love the Puppy too . God Bless 

Yvonne xxxxxx