•  

Sign in to follow this  
ksmith

New member Stroke in 2008

image.png

Jeannie, I don't know anything about your medical issues, so I can't say anything much about them. But, I do know something about having a medical issue, and being scared, because that was how I  felt when told I'd had a stroke. "Knowledge is power", so researching  those Issues which the docs say have  afflicted you would help you better understand them or at least what  questions to ask when you see the doc.   Good luck, Becky

Hi Jeannie

My heart goes out to you.  Sounds like a "perfect storm" of one thing after another.

Having a stroke sucks.  You've probably seen that progress comes in fits and starts, and can be erratic.  So how things are now are not how they will always be.  

However, life goes on.  I find that looking ahead a day at a time, followed by a week at a time, helps enormously.  When I try to imagine life in 10 years' time, I crash horribly, so now I just don't do that.  Focus on getting through the next hour, then on getting through the day, and when that gets easier, start focussing on getting through the week.  Try not to worry about the rest (and yes, I know that it's easier to say than to do).  As time goes on it gets easier and easier to keep going.

We are here.  We understand.  You can cry on our (virtual) shoulders, talk and we will listen. We've all been through some of what you are going through, and are all still going through it.

PS:   I would happily swap you some memory impairment for some executive function :-).