•  

So I'm making a HUGE step.. Adopting not one but two cats. These are brothers who are terrified of life for last week their human was killed in a car accident and they were totally attached to her. The reason two is they are attached. Here is a picture from the shelter. They are so upset, they haven't eaten since Saturday :(  I was looking at another cat and one was a hospice cat. I wanted to help him with a safe passage home but when I saw these my heart melted 

54758114134--308277D0-4D5C-4477-80BF-92B1574F4366.JPG

Good on you Kelli, that's a huge commitment. They are going to need so much help to start trusting the world again.  Beautiful boys, I do hope they start to feel safer soon.

Oh Kelli these two are adorable and so lucky to get such a good mom. What a tragedy these sweet kitties have gone through. This will be therapeutic for all three of you! Send update pictures. Also, names yet?

I think Big Brother and baby boy

I would hope someone like you would take in our cats if the same situation occured. It will take some time but they will see you as their new cat-mom, they are lucky to have you.

So they are in my area I set for them.. they are still hiding and STILL haven't eaten for almost a week.. I'm determined and I'm going to get a syringe to help them eat :) 

Kelli they are so lucky and Happy Mother's Day 4 times over. Keep us posted.

Well, the "orange one" or Baby boy, jumped out of the hiding place in my closet. He found a new place behind my TV cabinet. The "black & White" or Brother Boy finally made it out of the closet to the counter in my kitchen. Baby steps  Still no eating but they have begun to venture. 

Those are good signs Kelli.  So long as food and water are available so they can get them when/as they feel more confident you'll all make the adjustment

Smiles...I think they are warming up Kelli. Before you know it the two brothers will be crawling into your lap. I think Heather is right. Keep fresh food and water available and they will find it...they might like to try eating when they feel no one is around and it may help them to feel a sense of safety. Time should help them. I'm so happy they are venturing out.

Good for you Kelli, and everything takes time 

Bless You

Yvonne

thank you ALL. I know they are in my house...somewhere... I know the orange & white one ( Baby) comes out at night to eat.  The Black & white one ( Brother) still hasn't showed up. I know they will.. I know they like Tuna and Poo in the covered Litter Box ( inherited it from my parents ..yay)  After the time and stress they have it's understandable.  I just want to give them hugs and love . 

So frustrating Kelli. To know that they are in the house and needing a hug but not yet ready to let you give it.  All you can do is wait. But it's good that they are coming out to eat and use the litter. baby steps.

Hang in there...I know how much you want to shower them with affection. I agree Heather it's good to see those baby steps. Sending your kitties a lot of love.

Well, I know the B&W one ( Brother) is alive.. he peered his head around the corner last night. I found their hiding place today by accident but I didn't acknowledge them nor make any move towards them..  Slow & Steady.. It was cute, at least to me, the other night when we had a killer lightning & Booms , I tried to tell myself I needed to be strong for the kitties.... NEEDLESS to say.. I was terrified.    :yikes:

Kelli I'm glad you found their hiding spot so you can quietly check on them when you feel the need. I would have been the same way in that weather...might have purposely taken a nap before it started lol. You're a great kitty mommy.

Glad you now know where they are hiding. I admire your self restraint in not disturbing them once you found them, that was important and must have been so difficult.  Having the kitties dependant on you makes it so much easier to be "strong", doesn't it.   Right now I'm a horrible kitty mother. I took Jade with me on a 5 day visit to my folks place. I had surgery at the end of last week and wanted the spoiling. She hates the car, and moans for the whole trip.  She loves being there though.  So this morning I packed up and we came home as I have to be back at work tomorrow. She retreated into her "safe" spot the moment I let her out of the carrier. And she has not stirred for nearly 2 hours now.  I'm in so much disgrace!

Hi heathber, hope Jade has forgiven you.  

Yvonne 

She forgave me once dinner was served!

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:33 AM, heathber said:

I admire your self restraint in not disturbing them once you found them, that was important and must have been so difficult. 

I would admire me if I stayed away all the time lol. A friend of mine who has a masters in Animal Psychology, told me to get string toys and a pin light to grab their attention.  

Jade's favourite toy/game at the moment is an old gym shoe lace. It's large enough that she can see it easily and having a little stretch makes it extra fun. Of course I don't leave it for her to play with when I'm not around.  She got bored by the "laser" light very quickly she worked out that she can't catch it. But she does go nuts when I point it at the ceiling.  Another great favourite was the catchable bubbles, they are great fun but do leave a slightly sticky residue.

We have three sons and many years ago we had a cat who thought she was one of them. She slept on any one of their beds depending on who she decided was favourite that week. We asked a neighbour to look after her while we went on holiday for two weeks. When we returned she sat on the porch with her back to us and wouldn't welcome us home. We believe she couldn't understand why we would take the other boys and not her. It took a few days before she forgave us.! Valerie still has a framed photo of her on the sideboard.

Deigh

Aww Deigh! My kitty has been upset with me for leaving for a few days and letting my stepmom take care of her. Sometimes she just sticks her nose in the air and walks right by when I come home. She usually comes around by bedtime. Talk about grudges lol.

Kelli how are the boys going?