•  

Margrock

Institute of Neurological Recovery

Hi, all! I'm a new caregiver to the site. Has anyone had any experience with the Institute of Neurological Recovery? There are many success stories on their site, but I'm interested in knowing the risks, adverse affects, duration of improvement, etc. I'm skeptical that I can't find any of this information out there. Please let me know if you have any insight. Thank you so much!

Looks like they changed the name and dressed up the site but it is the same Etanercept ummm therapy that has been being touted as a miracle cure. I'd suggest you discuss it with your doctor.There are no easy roads for us, we all have to work our way back. That said, you have a group of fighting caretakers and survivors who can try to help and are always here.

As Pam said if it's the same mob they should be ashamed to tout their miracle "cure".  Magrock you can't find any info as to risk etc. because they have no scientific studies to back them up and the "doctor" that does this is not a neurologist.

Margrock, If you decide to talk to the "doc",  be a "cautious" consumer, and ask some questions:

• Is the treatment guaranteed to work?
  • Does it have FDA approval?  Why not?
  • In which medical journals can I read about this treatment? 

While no med treatment can be guaranteed, because there will always be those who don't respond to the treatment,drs. often answer this kind of question in terms of percentages such as "We have a 98% success-rate". These percentages come from clinical trials, but there hasn't been any clinical trials, and the FDA requires clinical trials too, which is why this drug has not been submitted to the FDA for approval. I'm sorry, I know how much you wanted our reports on this treatment to be positive ones. But, in this post-stroke journey, there doesn't seem to be any short-cuts.  Becky

This does sure look like the same dermatologist injecting stroke survivors with a drug not meant to treat stroke.  I have heard nothing but negative things about him and the "institute".  there were discussions on here some time ago.  He required money up front as I recall.  in my opinion I'd stay clear.  if it really was a "cure" I think some legitimate sources would know about it.  I would need a bit more information than videos that he very well could have staged.  just my opinion.

~Beth