•  

I just got to thinking since I came back from my bit of a break from Strokenet that I haven't heard a word from Linnie. I hope she is ok has anyone heard from her?

I was very good friends with her so she told me why she was leaving StrokeNet.  She had just started blogging.  Unfortunately, another member PM'd her with some very rude and personal comments.  She was extremely offended and hurt.  She was so upset that she immediately deleted his PM so I was therefore unable to discipline the member.  She is now helping stroke survivors at a rehab facility. 

Steve :

oh wow I never knew that, I usually read everything in blogs so never knew someone can be offensive or rude in their comments. Sometimes people can tend to interpret written words quite differently based on their state of mind & can make drastic decision, will send her message letting her know some of us who know her for long time do miss her around here

Asha

Oh I really hate that, and yes Asha I miss her. Steve thank you for updating me. Asha if you do speak with her let her know I was asking about her and I miss her. Thanks.

yes I remember her name.

Well the sneaky PM thing. Obviously knew the remarks were going to hurt her. That coward. Too bad she did not save it but as a first response it must have been rotten. It takes diligence to watch over a site because some people are guests and you never knew who the nutball is. 

God Bless Linnie

I've recently talked to her, via e-mail, and she's good. She also, on top of the PM's, had family situations she was dealing with. I'll pass along your thoughts of her :smile:

Kelli, Please tell her I'm glad she's OK. I knew she mentioned she was having surgery, and would be MIA for "awhile". But "awhile" became longer and longer, and I was getting concerned.

In a similar vein, anyone heard from Fred? I know that he said that he was leaving, and why, but I figured he'd take a "breather" and come back.  I'm concerned because, as I recall,  both he and his wife had some health concerns.

Jeanelle? aka "Green Queen"? She's newer to the group, but she was here nearly every day. Then she wasn't here. I loved her British/Aussie way of saying things.   Becky

omg yeah Fred

Gosh seems lots on break

I miss old chat gang

i cannot get on my phone

Becky....I have wondered about all those folks.

I know people come and go from here but yes I miss Linnie and Janelle too. If anyone hears from them pass on hugs from me too

People do come and go, I've been here since 2006 so met hundreds of people, some of whom I considered friends. As they  sometimes left suddenly I wondered what to do. Luckily I found some old friends on Facebook so now I catch up with them there. But moving on is a good thing most of the time so I am happy for them when they no longer NEED us.

She wanted to give you all a hug and thank you for asking :) She's busy helping others and being awesome :hug:

THATTA GIRL! You can't keep a good egg down! I think that often people don't realize that when you come here often enough for everyone to get to know you, you become one of our tribe members, and everyone feels that you're like part of a family. And when you're not here, we miss you, and want to know you're OK.

Please pass on my best wishes.  I also miss her, and wish only the best for her.

Ok...so I’m back.

VERY long break....why? Don’t know. 

No answers for a heap of stuff...my health included!

Even though everyone knows I haven’t officially had a stroke, I have missed the camaraderie and support.

Was very awesome reading my name and “missed”, I must say.

I had to let my predictive text spell camaraderie. Just so you know!

xxxxxxxxxxx

OMG Janelle. Hugsssss so much I have missed you! I am soo glad to see you and that you are ok. HUGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSS

Welcome back, we have all missed you!

Deigh

Thank you! I too, have missed you all!

Has been way too long!

I will have to start a thread about what’s been going on...

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:06 AM, GreenQueen said:

ngOk...so I’m back.

VERY long break....why? Don’t know. 

No answers for a heap of stuff...my health included!

Even though everyone knows I haven’t officially had a stroke, I have missed the camaraderie and support.

Was very awesome reading my name and “missed”, I must say.

I had to let my predictive text spell camaraderie. Just so you know!

xxxxxxxxxxx

taking time for a mental break can be a good thing.. I'm so happy you're back :hug: