•  

tmciriani

I WASHED MY CAR...I AM NOW DYING! 😐

I washed my car (SUV) today. I bought things at Dollar Tree 3 months ago...like a car cleaning kit. I have just been too worried to use it. So this morning bright and early at like 9 am I started. :holy-moly: First, I couldn't reach the top so I had my step mom bring down a small step stool. I climbed up 2 rungs and held on to my bars across the top for dear life. I had placed a small container or car wash water on top and used my micro fiber mitt. :#$%/!!:Three adjustments on each side to reach the whole thing. Like 2 hours later I barely made it inside to take a rest. Top done and rinsed. My heart was pumping so hard I thought it'd just come out of my chest. So an hour of recup. I went back outside and started on one side at a time. Another hour and I sat in my car with the AC on until I could breathe and move. It was another 2 hours before I finished, hobbled myself into the house, changed out of wet clothes, and now lying on my bed barely able to move. :dumb: What have I done. Like really, what have I done. A bad extra is that I bbq'd my face. It's going to be a long couple of days. :@#*%: 

Tracy

That's sucks and I applaud you for trying but honestly why, its just washing your car and I know you want to try and do it yourself but pay someone to do it, have a seat and enjoy a cold one watching......... you like myself and thousands of others cant do what we once took for granted but this is our new life so make the best of it.

Please check what drugs you are taking  because they all have side affect's and Dr's don't care because they get kick backs from the pharmaceutical company's for prescribing it to there patients I too get wiped out quickly but I stooped taking Liptor  a little over 3 weeks ago, I still get tired easy but i'm recovering much faster  and by that I mean if I did stuff around the house in the morning I would be wiped out the entire afternoon and need the following day to recover but now it will take me an hour or so to cool down and recover and be ready for more.

Hope this helps and never give up.

Ed 

Well I was trying to be frugal actually. No income=Tracy trying to do it by myself. :blush: Kinda thought I would pay a price...physical but still a price. My mom who is the level headed one scolded me because I have terrible balance especially on a foot stool or ladder of any sort. I am pretty sure I'm making a wash me savings box or jar for next time. Phwew once was enough! But yes it frustrates me...something I always did myself before. I think this car wash will last a while lol. :minding-business:

Thanks Ed

Tracy :

thats amazing you tried yourself & finished the job, I am sure it will get easier more you do, but climbing on stepstool, balancing & doing the job, does make one wonder is it that important to risk breaking bones, is it really worth that much pf a trouble. I feel saving money for carwash will be better option.

Asha

I applaud you Tracy. 

Attempting, and succeeding, in doing a normal job.

Unfortunately there is a price to pay. And it sounds like a big price.

I'm on the fence with this one.

The step stool does sound worrying, the burnt face annoying, and the aches and pains...but the feeling of accomplishing something like that must be amazing. 

Ok lol it is now 4:07pm and I literally woke up at 3:30 and if I had a dream it is gone...slept like a rock. I will say that even after my tough day I still had real difficulty sleeping...went to sleep about 3:30ish. 12 hours. 😳 My cat woke me up swirling around my face and chest talking to me, starving. I had no idea, then I looked at my clock on my phone and gasped. Kitty was beside herself. 😶 So now she is fed and so am I. I basically have missed my morning meds. Yep it happened lol. I'm not proud of it. I am just saying to myself "ok Tracy your body needed it. Remember this the next time you succeed at overdoing it.". I am proud of myself for finishing the car wash even if it is raining today lol. Instant it ironic. I don't think I actually looked at my clean car to admire it but I did veg on the bed lol. Oh well you live you learn. I was determined. Anyways, yes I am proud...no I am making a new plan to get my car washed but it's a memory. It thankfully didn't cause serious harm and I knew the moment I stood on that foot stool holding on for dear life that I was in over my head. May I gain wisdom 😅.

Oh yes there's nothing like washing your car to make it rain! I'm sorry you didn't get to admire your hard work!  However you DID it, I'm proud of you, you should be proud of you.  But watch out for the sunburn. I hope it doesn't do to you what it does to me now. I have that super fair Celtic skin, and get so burnt so fast. Since the stroke nothing knocks me sideways like a sunburn, apparently my immune system just can't manage that big an assault any more.

There's nothing like being really physically and mentally tired to make you sleep, once you get to sleep anyway, it can also make it very hard to get to sleep. I've often had that "I'm so tired I can't sleep" thing

You know something leaving your car dirty is not the end of the world, unless you live close to the beach (sand/salt and seagull poop are really bad for the paintwork)  so put your loose change in a jar each night/week and pay someone else to wash the car next time.

Hugs Heather

Tracy

Thanks for the long talk and remember i'm all ears

Ed

Tracy, I think it's great that you were able to finish something that you really wanted to do. But, remember the "spoon theory"? Sounds like you put all of your spoons in one place, and even borrowed some from the next day. If there's a "next time" feed the cat first, and use sunscreen.  If it were me, I'd want to spend my spoons in more than 1 place, and save spare change for the car wash.     Becky

Becky I keep forgetting the spoon theory!

Did way too much in the house the other day; the next day was spent in bed with soreness everywhere!

I do the same! But I feel fine at thè time, then sleep,suffer,repeat.

On 9/10/2018 at 5:57 PM, edkel1 said:

Tracy

Thanks for the long talk and remember i'm all ears

Ed

Ed

You're very welcome and thank you. I 'll remember that. Tracy

That was amazing!  Foolhardy, perhaps, but amazing.  You've shown yourself that you can do it if you have to, even if the cost is high.

Maybe ask a local kid to wash it next time, but remember that you did it, against all the odds, and be proud!

Thank you Paul. 😀 I'm feeling it! Got the proudsies. This is a check off my bucket list. 🙌:minding-business:That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :big-grin:

Hi Tracy,

Congrats on the car wash.  Remember that counts as a therapy session.  So for the pain, effort and whatever else, you accomplished more in that session than in some others you pay dearly for.  You have just started the rewiring of your brain with that new effort and next time will be easier.

Now, you can tell people you were trying to be frugal, but I just tell them it was a necessary therapy that I went through.

After stroke I couldn't cut my yard anymore.  The year before I bought a new Toro that I had been wanting for years.  Now I couldn't use it.  My wife and daughter said they would cut the yard. But both work full time and that lasted the first week.  Then I was down to hiring it out or finding a riding mower I could use maybe.  Went to lawn dealer and found that the regular riding mowers I couldnt use but the zero turn I could.  My legs are weak but the zero only requires a light touch with hands.  So we bought it.  The constant turning around in the yard made my diziness go insane, and I could only do about 1/2 yard at time.  But now 3 years later I can turn, not much diziness, and do the whole yard in one go.  Figured each session was a therapy session.  And since I have a high deductible plan, had to pay about 3000 /yr for my therapy.  Paid for a mower.  And I save 700 a year if hiring it out.  Plus the satisfaction of feeling a bit more normal.