chika

My stroke came with low bloodsugar and low blood ressure what coulld be the cause

My name is chika, on the 25 of July 2018 I woke up and couldnt feel my left body, with the help of neighbours i was rushed to the hospital after the ct scan doctor confirmed it was a stroke ever sonce then my life has changed im here to learn from others who may have had semilar stroke

Hi Chicka, Im Mike, I had my stroke sept. 15, 2015. I was pazalyzed on my my right side. Stick with therapy and keep working hard. Life is a series on obstacles, ours have just changed, but we can and have to get around obstacles.

Mike

Hi Cicka, I'm new here too.  I read the tag line, and I have no idea what the cause was, but I know nothing about nothing, so that means....nothing 🙂  All I do know is that you are reaching out for support and that is a good thing. I've been reading all I can in of the others post, the veteran stoke survivors have a lot of encouragements and suffer the through some of the same things that we are all going though.  

Hi Chica! Hello again Mike and Tarina! I'm not sure what your exact question is but I know stroke can sometimes effect things in a different way you might expect. I don't really know why. 🤔 When I had my stroke, like during the beginning, my bp was 20 points lower top and bottom than my usual. I was taking bp med at the time. Just low dose and was completely controlled. I thought that was weird but when I remembered to ask no one ever gave it a second thought. Eh, I just let go of that thought lol. I hope you all find support here. There are great members from all over the world...so many are such a positive reason why I keep coming back. You have forums, information links, picture gallery, chat (scheduled), blogs and lots more. The members are friendly, supportive and relate in so many ways. My name is Tracy...bilateral cerebellar stroke in the PICA region

7-5-15. 🙂 Nice to meet you.

pleasure to meet everyone. My heart goes out to you for I can not  even begin to imagine how you felt waking up and not feeling your side but there are plenty of folks here that can share their initial feelings following their stroke. I was aware of mine and it's still scary.  Mine was 2/24/09. We have chat groups available for all members Monday- Friday 3-4pm ( est) and Monday, Wednesday, Friday evenings at 8-9pm ( est)  http://www.strokechat.net/ . Our chat schedules are also found in our Community tab at the top of the message board http://www.strokeboard.net/index.php?/calendar/1-chat-schedule/.

On Tuesday evenings 8-9 pm (est) we have a chat for our caregivers and others who are introduced to stroke through others. 

No one goes through this alone for we all go through this together. x

Hi, Chika! Welcome to Strokenet-one of, if not the best place to come for information and support.

Is my understanding correct, and you're asking what might have caused your stroke if your blood pressure and blood sugar were both low?

Lots of people never know what caused their stroke. One of the most common causes is high cholesterol, which you can have, and not be aware of it. a doctor can tell by bloodwork. There are other causes but suspect cholesterol first. But, I am not a doctor, and not qualified to diagnose you. Did you ask your doctor? What are your deficits from the stroke? Any plans for therapy?   Best, Becky

Chika, Welcome to the site but please accept that we are not doctors, just fellow victims.

Between us all we will have amassed a fair amount of knowledge on how to overcome the deficiencies our strokes would have left us with and that is the strength of the forum. At this time, here in New Zealand the authorities are trying to reduce strokes by working on the overweight, non exercising couch potatoes. Not one of the stroke victims I know locally fit this bill! So you see, even the experts can't forecast the event!

Which is rather infuriating since an acquaintance of mine went to his doctor to discuss a problem and in his investigation the doctor found heart shortcomings and booked him for a triple by-pass to avoid a heart attack!

I wish someone could forecast strokes as easily!

Deigh