•  

GreenQueen

Incontinence is here...

So we've been in Perth for way too long, 5 nights.

Country roads are taking us home today!

We all can't wait!

We've caught up with some friends down here.

Once at a cafe, then at a park.

I find if I'm sitting down,  I can have water and a milkshake or coke or hot chocolate and I'm fine. 

Once I stand up,  I need the toilet. 

NOW.

Both times I have gone to the loo, but by the time I shut the door  and pull everything down one handed (and wipe the toilet seat because eeewwwww)...

Too late.

Not a lot, but I can't hold it in. 

Going to have to wear some kind of protection when I'm out. 

It's happened a few times when I have been out in town, too.

My mum reckons it happened to her recently (at home, long story).

Ok, so she's 70, and not disabled. 

I'm 46!! This should not be happening!

Sad days ahead.

It is as usual accepting what is and making contingency plans. Two pads, one on, one in your bag.  I had to do that with my pregnancies, you get used to it . Sorry you are going through this at 46. Being away from home and not in your comfort zone can make the problem worse, I know from my experiences travelling with Ray. But if you enjoy yourself it is worth it.!

I understand your frustration and I'm sorry that this is a "damper" on your otherwise lovely vacation. (if my humor is too soon, I apologize.) I'm 43, so I get what your saying.  I have decreased sensation, I can tell when I need to go, I can tell when I start to go, but I can't tell when its finished...so...sit there.  I am thinking of using an adult pull up for my cycle, for the same reason, changing clothes just takes too long these days and I can't do it 3 times per day when "accidents" happen for a week or more each month.  It is frustrating, but if it is situational, like traveling, try to think of it as a temporary inconvenience (I bet you aren't feeling the need as you are sitting, and your bladder is just getting over full...maybe stop on a schedule?) and that you'll return to your home and things will calm down.  Do you know if you would feel it if you had a bladder infection?  Sometimes that causes the area to be irritated and things to let loose when they shouldn't.  Travelling can cause those.  Just a thought.

Don't let it get you down, darlin'.......none of this is fun, but just do what you need to to be comfortable and enjoy your ride home.

Janelle, When I  was trying to stop using pull-ups, I put my bladder on an every-two-hrs schedule. Meaning that I took my bladder to the bathroom every 2 hrs. because that's the average length of time that people go to the bathroom or once every 2 hrs.  If you're going out, let going pee be the very last thing you do. When you get to where you're going, let it be the first thing you do. Remember the time because in about 11/2 to 2 hrs. later, you'll have to repeat. Every 2 hrs is just an average, you may have to set the time higher or lower, depending on what's comfortable for you. I'm just giving you a guide that maybe you can go by to keep from being caught off-guard again.  Becky

My father (who used to travel on business a lot) used to say that you should never pass a toilet without taking a pee.  Because you never know when you'll pass another one.

i had a time on our cruise last summer where          I could not get to a restroom fast enough,I actually had pee on my pants after trying. How embarrassing!

I visited a doctor after I returned home , and he said alcohol and caffeine both irritate the bladder, so bu sure to go before you feel you truly need to.     that works for me,

''its a preemptive pee"

'