•  

Tarina

Recovering from the Holiday

Hello everyone!  Recovering from the Holiday, stroke makes holiday fatigue much worse!  Luckily the kids are playing and occupied and I am cozy in my leg warmers and huge sweater, drinking tea and watching the rain fall.  Everyone in my warring family decided that my house equaled Switzerland so.... they all came here.  Mind you I have a tiny apartment while everyone else lives in an ACTUAL HOUSE!  But whatever, it turned out nicely and they went home in a few hours... but I still have a mess to clean up. I'll wait till the kids go to their dad and I can do it without kid noise and needs.  So yeah, for now, and for today, its warm soft clothes and tea....ALL DAY!

I've struggled to stay with the family.  I find the chatter is so exhausting.  I nap and rest up for the big day.  This year we hosted. 83 between brunch & dinner.  I stayed up and present for both get togethers, so that's an improvement for me.  Plus is feasting on left overs.  No prep, baking, cooking or any of that meal preparation stuff just have to hunt for it in the fridge.  Nice also to not travel.  I could hide in my bed if I wanted this year.  I visited though.  Napped in between but stayed with it. 4 years, but its a little improvement.   

Yes I stayed home by myself, I was planing on going to see my son and daughter along with her husband and 2 kids on Christmas eve but my wife was there along with her girl friend and I don't want to see her my, got word that afternoon that best friend had a stroke that morning, his sister called me an hour before I was to go , well with calling everyone and the memories it just wiped me out. Never noticed how worrying drained what energy I had .

Ed 

Ed, I'm so sorry about your friend's stroke. Hope he's doing OK. And, yes, worrying exacts a price, especially when there's a lot of stress attached to it.

And,Madade, Congrats on doing so well this yr.Next yr will be even easier. Becky

3 hours ago, Madade said:

I've struggled to stay with the family.  I find the chatter is so exhausting.  I nap and rest up for the big day.  This year we hosted. 83 between brunch & dinner.  I stayed up and present for both get togethers, so that's an improvement for me.  Plus is feasting on left overs.  No prep, baking, cooking or any of that meal preparation stuff just have to hunt for it in the fridge.  Nice also to not travel.  I could hide in my bed if I wanted this year.  I visited though.  Napped in between but stayed with it. 4 years, but its a little improvement.   

totally