•  

MJS1963

I'm still alive !

Hello my friends.

I know it’s been a while since I have been on here. Not ignoring you, just busy. Really busy. And admittedly, many nights by the time I get home, I just don’t care about anything except bed. It’s been a rough few weeks. Work is going well, although not as well as if I could drive my big truck,  ( she misses me ).

The fatigue I have had is getting better. I don’t seem to need a nap after lunch any longer, but it is nice to have. I have found that I seem to have some lingering effect from my Cerebral accident though. My right hand always seems to be colder than the rest of my body. It’s not bad, but odd. It’s not cold to the touch, but just seems to feel cold. More annoying then anything. But the other issue that I have found is that some memories of my past seem to be in the wrong order.

For instance, I CLEARLY recall traveling to Alaska before I got married. No. We went to Alaska on our honeymoon, after getting married. Or, when I went on a trip a couple of years ago, I drove to Cheyenne, and then flew to Florida. But I recall visiting Florida first, then being in Cheyenne. The memories are sharp, but many are in the wrong order.

Other than that, my body seems to be progressing very well. The mild cognitive issues are gone, no more hand wobbliness, and the headaches are gone. Thank God!

The office work I think has been helpful, needing to use the brain more often for filing, math, etc. I seem to not be able to type for a hill of beans, but then again, I couldn’t before, so …

Thank you all for you support. It’s nice to know there are people in this world that do care about others.

Mike.

Hey, Mark, Good to hear that everything is going well and that you're moving forward. Expect to see more progress, but it might be slower in coming.   :happy:Becky

Mark, Fascinating to hear that you have trouble remembering sequences! This has happened to me occasionally too but I just put it down to stupidity or forgetfulness! It is interesting to know I share the problem with other stroke victims. Now I can stop arguing with my wife about them!

Good to hear of your improvements.

Deigh

A lot of my memories around the time of the stroke are missing or scrambled. 3 months before are just gone and 6 months before to about 3-4 months after are tangled and jumbled at times.

On 1/13/2019 at 5:17 PM, Deigh said:

Mark, Fascinating to hear that you have trouble remembering sequences! This has happened to me occasionally too but I just put it down to stupidity or forgetfulness! It is interesting to know I share the problem with other stroke victims. Now I can stop arguing with my wife about them!

Good to hear of your improvements.

Deigh

Hey Deigh,

The odd thing is, that the memories that are out of order are in a narrow range. I would say, maybe  4 year span? And so far just a few, and not linear. Like I said, my honeymoon, out of order, but then the Christmas following, ok.

It's really weird. But given the fact that I missed the bullet, I can deal with the honeymoon before the wedding.

8 hours ago, scottm said:

A lot of my memories around the time of the stroke are missing or scrambled. 3 months before are just gone and 6 months before to about 3-4 months after are tangled and jumbled at times.

Hi Scott,

I can recall very vividly everything during my incident. When, where, even the part of the store I was in and what I was looking for. The only fuzzy thing I have is being in the ER that day. I recall going, entering, and walking to the exam room, but then, it's fuzzy. I do recall the 2 CT scans, and the MRI, but not getting the contrast for one of the CT scans. 

The brain is a odd, and wonderful thing.

I love that you are in a good place, Mark.

Eh, I have the sequence issue quite often. Sometimes with stuff before the stroke. Many times with stuff after the stroke. It doesn't help that my memory (short and for the past 3.5 years) is not so good. I totally remember having the stroke but once I was in the ambulance it's all blank. 24 hrs later I can remember pieces. I don't have clear memory of all after that. Fleeting thoughts, random facts, moments. I can also forget what I went to another room for, an important thought in the blink of an eye, what day and date it is. I might spend a bit of time telling someone something with a very concrete point and the in the middle just say " Well that thought is gone" lol. It's also like it is all in there (my brain) but is stored in a secret file that only opens for so long. The brain is weird. I also tend to remember things out of place time wise. I catch myself sometimes in the middle of not realising which time is right. It's confusing for others and has caused arguments lol. So I mostly just say I don't know during those moments.

On 1/15/2019 at 6:33 AM, GreenQueen said:

I love that you are in a good place, Mark.

Thank You! So am I! It seems the good Lord isnt ready for me yet.

BTW, It's Mike. Not sure how Mark came about. But, I've been called worse! LOL

On 1/16/2019 at 3:25 AM, tmciriani said:

Eh, I have the sequence issue quite often. Sometimes with stuff before the stroke. Many times with stuff after the stroke. It doesn't help that my memory (short and for the past 3.5 years) is not so good. I totally remember having the stroke but once I was in the ambulance it's all blank. 24 hrs later I can remember pieces. I don't have clear memory of all after that. Fleeting thoughts, random facts, moments. I can also forget what I went to another room for, an important thought in the blink of an eye, what day and date it is. I might spend a bit of time telling someone something with a very concrete point and the in the middle just say " Well that thought is gone" lol. It's also like it is all in there (my brain) but is stored in a secret file that only opens for so long. The brain is weird. I also tend to remember things out of place time wise. I catch myself sometimes in the middle of not realising which time is right. It's confusing for others and has caused arguments lol. So I mostly just say I don't know during those moments.

Hi Tracy,

The sequence thing is so weird! Watch a home video, and go nuts because I recall whats on it differently. The brain is weird, and fascinating.How it can rewire itself, or relate to smells or sounds to events and people. It is truly a wonder.

The video sequence explains problems I've had myself too. Often watching a video I have seen before I am surprised about what is happening and swear it is not as I remember it to be! Had a few arguments about it too!

It could be a great way to have a look at all those old ones I know back to front and see if the story is as I remember. Perhaps the butler will do the murder after all !

Deigh