Benni

White bumps on back of hand?

Three months after my stroke, my affected hand swelled to the size of a bear paw. When the swelling went down, there were white bumps on the back of it, not filled with anything, just bumps that were mildly itchy.

They've been there for over 2 years. Yesterday, I noticed them on the back of my good hand. This morning, they are gone from both hands. ??

Surely I'm not the only stroke survivor who's had this. Any ideas on this?

Hi Benni that's really strange, my guess would be some sort of benign cyst. Haven't had anything like that though good luck with working it out.

-Heather

Benni, I can’t help with a diagnosis unfortunately.

What I can say for certainty, is that there’s always something.

All the best with finding answers.

Thanks Heather and Janelle. I'll do some research later.

Same here Benni...this is new to me. I sure hope you get an answer and let us know. I'm like you surely you aren't the only one...I wouldn't think.

Upon doing some research,  they are very similar to cholesterol deposits. Usually found in the eye area. I had those years ago, they're gone now.

I just thought it strange that they appeared , on my hands, after the swelling had gone down, so I thought they were stroke related.

more likely to be because of poor circulation or lack of lymphatic drainage from the sound of it.

Yes, most likely it is.

Benni, My left, affected foot has a continuous problem with swelling, and I get similar bumps on that foot.  My doc said it's from the expansion/contraction of my skin. Sometimes they itch, and if I scratch them, they fall off. And if they stay on long enough, my skin will actually peel ( looks a lot like the peeling you see after a sunburn). There's a medical term for it, but I don't remember what it is. Anyway, they aren't serious, and look as though they need a good moisturizer- they're white, small, scaly bumps. When yours went away, had you bathed or used lotion on your skin? As I said, sometimes they just fall off, and look like dry patches of skin.   Becky

That's it exactly!  No, I didn't use any lotions of any kind. It's weird that they were there for so long then, overnight, they're gone!! Thank you, Becky!!