JonJ

Love the new format / layout!

Hey, JonJ here, back to say hello all.

I'm still on the green side up so, so far it's working ok.  Missing a few key strokes on the computer (part of my job....70+% of my job).....frustrating 'cause they're always easy words...not misspelling so much as, hitting the key right next to the key I intended to hit.....then of course, I think "Dude!!! You can DO this ya big DUMMY!!!".....and then.....I do the exact same thing again.....some words take me 3 or 4 times and I just shake my hayud.

Crazy stuff.

JonJ

Hiya Jon, minor technical hitch it's not like we can't work it out (most of the time). Don't let it get to you and it will improve over time so long as you keep trying.

I'm with you Jon.  For me it's the letter 'p'  it seems to be a struggle.  0,9,?/  and enter on my keyboard all make me spend more time than I care to.  Some days I can go almost as quick as I was before stroke.  Other days anything done with right hand or fingers can be wiped out on a sudden movement.   Better now I've got most settings configured to autosave.  

One of my therapist told me don't quit, keep using the right hand.  Walk away and relax if it is real bad. 

Don't give up.  That line is reoccurring with much of my endeavours.  

I sometime do off by one typing. dohj

I used to be able to type over 100 words per minute...oh well. These days we have predictive text. Just as good. Although not as reliable!

predictive text does some very funny things though 🙂

Oh yes Heather! Sure can!