Please Come Join Me in Stroke Survivor Chat Room

HostTracy

OK this is kinda confusing but I've been calculating time differences for you Sue and Deigh.

Sue, New South Wales, as of today my time 7:30 pm on Saturday (April 6) the time there is 1 of 2. 10:00am Sunday 7(ACST {UTC +9:30}) or 10:30am Sunday 7(AEST{UTC +10}) depending on where you live exactly. #1 ACST is 14 hours ahead of US EST. #2 AEST is 13.5 hours ahead of US EST. I will figure this out for our chat times after you let me know which time zone you are in ACST or AEST right now.

Deigh, New Zealand your time zone is 16 hours ahead of US EST.

OK let me work on this and give atleast you two a schedule.

Also I think Asha put a link up to figure out the difference too.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tracy, as of today Sue should be in UTC +10, we were UTC +11 until Sunday because of DST. NSW is same timezone as VIC (where I am) Janelle in WA is UTC +8

Deigh in NZ should be UTC +12 sorry I don't know NZ DST periods.

US east coast should be UTC -5  which makes NZ 17 hours ahead of US EST not 16 UTC is usually easiest to work with which is why it exists 🙂  add 5 to get to 0 and then add 12 to get to NZ if you cross 0 from negative to positive add a day. and if you cross 0 from positive to negative lose a day. This is the fun part of flying to the US from here, you arrive before you left having spent 22 hours in the air, and coming home you lose a day. so you arrive the day after you expect to.

An amusing little story for you Heather.    in 1976, my mother, a 70 year old, living on her own back in the UK was reported as being extremely frail and would not last six months. Over a series of phone calls my wife and I I invited her to move to New Zealand where we could care for her. We couldn't help with the fare but would support her afterwards. At this age she earned her fare by selling all  her furniture and moved out .She came by air in a wheelchair by Air New Zealand. They looked after her well but she got fed up with leaving the aircraft when it made its refuelling stops (three days journey then!)

Eventually they arrived in Auckland but she caused a bit of flurry by refusing to leave the aircraft despite the hostesses trying to convince her she had arrived. No she said "My watch says it is the seventh and I'm not due till the eighth!".  They had to call the captain in to explain it! 

She loved it here and the three grandsons enjoyed their Granny Gosport..........and she lived for another twentyfive years.

Deigh

Hello everyone I just wanted to invite everyone to come and join in at Room #2 Stroke Survivior Chat. I will be hosting Mondays and Wednesdays from 3-4 EST! 🙂

Problems! Have managed to get through to chat with my new computer but find it eats data and data is expensive here in NZ. I do most of my internet work when using free wi-fi from the local  public library and that stops overnight and Sundays, so unless someone starts chatting in the early hours I will have to give it a miss.:#$%/!!:

Deigh

Deigh I haven't even thought of that. Yes spoiled 😕 unlimited fiber here and i remember when we also had a limit. It added up quick. Yuck! I wish I had a better option. Got put my thinking cap on.

What you can get does depend on where you are. I have an unlimited fibre connection too these days, and even when I didn't I always preferred to go with a throttling plan rather than a charge for overuse plan. If you used too much the last few days of the month might be annoying but it was always a fixed cost.

So true Heather. I forget sometimes...i am one of the lucky ones or just in the right place at the right time. Deigh I feel your irritation. 

19 hours ago, heathber said:

What you can get does depend on where you are. I have an unlimited fibre connection too these days, 

Very nice, but data is expensive in NZ and there is no way I could afford the luxury of fibre. Using free wi-fi is an essential part of my computer use plan!

Deigh

On 4/5/2019 at 7:01 PM, HostTracy said:

Hello everyone I just wanted to invite everyone to come and join Friday night chat in the Coffee Shop. 8-9pm EST

Sorry Tracy I missed your latest message, read it too late to realise that I could have joined in. Hope that next time you are on at that time I will know in time to switch over and chat.     

Deigh

Deigh I will be sure to try my best at sending out an invite a few minutes before chat. I usually do but I have forgotten before. Are you interested in the afternoon chat or evening chat. I know that's not an easy answer but I believe it is about 16 hours ahead of EST right now. I think I read right. 🤔 Maybe that will help 🙂

No, it was my fault that I missed your message, I don't look regularly on the site busy doing other things and suddenly the other day saw that I'd missed you. I try to work out the best times but get confused quickly.!!!!           just at this time of day or even a couple of hours earlier would be good for me.

Regards

Deigh

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone I just wanted to invite everyone to come and join in at Room #2 Stroke Survivior Chat. I will be hosting Mondays and Wednesdays from 3-4 EST! 🙂

Chat is starting right now in the the #2 Stroke Survivor Chat Room! Come join us! :big-grin:

Haha that's OK I hope you stayed warm abd cozy! 

I nearly got to meet you on the chat program the other day. My new computer is handling it OK but my brain is not. I am sixteen hours ahead of you and working out when to join in is a major problem for me. What I need is a program that will make a flashing signal at the top of my screen when the chat room is alive!

Deigh

Smiles... Deigh I noticed you chatted with at least Mark! I was thrilled to see you had gotten through! One day Deigh... One day we are gonna bump into each other! 😉

Indeed we will. I get tied up with doing routine things and suddenly realise that the chat room is open, or just closed!

All will come together  sometime! It must be mid morning for you now, here it is late afternoon the day before! 

Deigh

:#$%/!!:

On 2/20/2019 at 2:07 PM, HostTracy said:

Hello everyone I just wanted to invite everyone to come and join in at Room #2 Stroke Survivior Chat. I will be hosting Mondays and Wednesdays from 3-4 EST! 🙂

http://www.strokechat.net/

Hey guys chat is open, come on in. :happy-dance:

Chat starts in 15 minutes! See you there! 😀

I'm beginning to get the time sorted out. I can't be on the chat at your time because My free wi-fi doesn't start that early but I'm getting through quite often at my lunchtime session and chatting with Asha.

Data is too expensive for me to buy more than I need and I find that chat absolutely eats so have to wait till the local public library opens and wi-fi is switched on. It used to be a 24 hour service but youngsters left such a mess outside the library and were also responsible for vandalism of the property so the Council cut it.

Deigh

Deigh I totally understand that! I'm glad you are getting through to Asha's chat! 

http://www.strokechat.net/

See you guys in about an hour! Happy Monday! 

• ksmith pinned this topic