Right, I've got a new computer, picked it up yesterday and have spent many hours cursing it and trying to get it to obey me. (Fat chance of that}

Should be able to have a go at chatting but have to work out times for Noo Zillun

Deigh

Tried out new HP computer windows 10 and still nothing!

Help

Deigh I am excited for you! Before long you'll show that piece of electronics whose boss! 😁 I hope you get a go at chatting it is fun!

Oh Deigh isn't technology fun.

I love that small (period) . or spaces can mess these things up real fast.  

Hope to meet you in a chat.  If you ever get to one right now we go to survivor room its is confusing.  The default is lobby and looks like no one is there.  That causes more cursing.  Been there done that.😜🤬 

Hang in there. 

Ya know Mark I have been thinking more and more about that. I would like to plan a how to post or video on using the new chat platform. What do you think?

That's an excellent idea, Tracy.

I'm not bad at technology, once I know how a particular thing works.

A step by step guide is a wonderful thing. 

Yes it is confusing to get to.  The guest feature I know messes with who you are with respect to log in.  Making it confusing.  Minnit profile I found is the simplest for log in.  This fall they hope to be able to host directly on the site.  Stopping the confusion.  For now though you log in as guest or get a Minnit profile. 

The second part that is that is a trick is understanding the rooms.  The default room or one it take a logged in person to is the Lobby.  The visual on the side is difficult, but most chat is held in Survivor Room.  #2 .  

Also to note the stroke chat is always there.  If two people want to chat they are open.  8:30 am. be 11:30 pm for Australia Brisbane for instance.  Just an idea if that is a welcome idea. 

You could email a preference and connect between two or more that way.  

Good idea though Tracy some days just getting out of bed is a challenge.

wow Mark you covered the whole breakdown! 🙌 I would have to agree...I think a minnit profile works the best. There is some hidden confusion about rooms...a few things to remember: when you log in (I log in everytime now no issue because i made a minnit profile...can maybe explain that as well) it automatically puts you in the lobby. you have to click the room box and a drop down menu will fall. Then click the room you want (if you look at the chat schedule it should tell you which room to use) it will never be the lobby so you will have to go to the appropriate room. Think of the lobby as a waiting room...when you see the chat time start it's time to go to the other room. I'll think of some more tips and try to make a visual reference to use. 🙂

On 3/8/2019 at 12:10 PM, Deigh said:

Tried out new HP computer windows 10 and still nothing!

Help

Windows 10 is not a good one, as far as I’ve been tOld, Deigh.

Windows 10 is not so bad if you got used to Win 7 first. If you are jumping straight from XP it's a bit of a learning curve

Deigh let me talk to Kelli and see if I can find a way to help ok?

My approach it to let the computers know who is boss.  I threaten them with being stripped down for parts.  When that doesn't work, I threaten them with a hammer.  I know that it makes no difference to them, but it makes me feel a whole lot better.

Way way back I developed communications software (before the Internet, when everything was bespoke).  The computer that I used for testing software sat right next to an open window, with a flowerbed outside.  After a certain amount of frustration and irritation with my latest version crashing (or failing in some obscure way). I'd throw the machine out of the window, then go for a run.  Pick up the computer when I got home.

The case was FULL of dents, mostly from the inside bulging outward, as the hard drive (a monster for those days, 80 MB IIRC, weighing about 3 pounds) came loose and crashed into the sheet-metal.

Somehow, things would work far better after that 🙂

I don't recommend this approach with modern computers.  Now that they are no longer made out of cast iron, they break if you just look at them funny 🙂

Paul my nearly 15 year old son bashes the desk when frustrated at a game on his laptop or PlayStation. 

Today he said the laptop is making weird creaking noises when he opens it.

So yes, definitely part of the throwaway society we have become. 

14 hours ago, heathber said:

Windows 10 is not so bad if you got used to Win 7 first. If you are jumping straight from XP it's a bit of a learning curve

Fortunately I've had a few years of Windows 7

Deigh

16 hours ago, GreenQueen said:

Windows 10 is not a good one, as far as I’ve been tOld, Deigh.

I'm finding it pretty good so far!

Deigh