I have a cold. Had it for over a week.

Hasn’t gotten any worse, but certainly hasn’t gotten any better.

Since all This, it takes me sooooo long to recover from minor ailments.

Anyone else?

oh yes all the time. This thing does nasty things to your immune system.

:happy:ME   ME   ME   ME   ME   ME!!!

What about bruising?

That too?

Had a blood test maybe 10 days ago and the bruise hasn't faded at all.

Something else to add to the list?

Touch wood haven't had a "man cold".  Little sniffly at times. Worried right now as daughter has a doozy of a cold.  I'm doing everything been told to get over her spell.  

Yes - I have had my first cold since the stroke, and it took 5 weeks, still sniffling. And yes to the bruising too - I get B12 injections monthly, and the bruise takes up to a month to disappear. 

Are you "bruisers " on blood thinners or aspirin therapy? They can CAUSE BRUISING MORE EASILY. BECKY

I have been  on blood thinners since the stroke. 

large.IMG_20171028_211335.jpg325 mg aspirin a day...yes random bruises, bruises that last forever, and when I stumble/fall I maybe wouldn't even develop a bruise but now a tumble means BRUISES!!

Not too bad on the illness front (probably because I take slightly better care of myself than I did before).  Bruising was a major issue, and when I was on Fragmin I looked like a serious junkie, with bruising an bleeding around the injection sites (all in my stomach and thighs).

Bruising is not as big an issue now (I's also more careful), but the slightest nick just keeps bleeding.

I'm one of those people with very pale skin and every bruise shows! I've always had random bruises that I could not explain. but now with the daily 100mg asprin that's increased crazily, now I can get pressure bruises if I lean on an "edge" for too long.

I know right?!

Tracy wow! That's a whopper!!

Becky, yes I'm in the aspirin club. That probably does have a lot to do with the bruising.  I too am quite pale, but never really bruised badly before .

Heather it's amazing where bruise tend to show up!

SueC FIVE weeks?? Wow....

I don't mind sniffling so much, I would just like to FEEL  better 

I have said over and over to my Doctors and family that now a cold is not just a sniffle for a few days. My mom's 4 day cold might be my 3 weeks down cold. It's harder, longer, and more serious. My last illness landed me in the hospital for 4 days on oxygen. My PCP says that having a stroke can leave you with a weak immune system. He demands I get flu and pneumonia vaccines.

Being unwell is no fun Tracy.

Ok, so I CANNOT believe I'm about to share...

Had an Angus burger from maccas last week. Never again.  Ever. Ever ever.

I had food poisoning from the burger.

I was vomiting and diarrhoea at the same time.

Trouble was, because of muscle weakness,  every time I vomited I pooed at the same time.

I was crying, felt very unwell and vomiting etc all at the same time.

I think it was the single most WORST moment of my whole life.

I couldn't even ask anyone to help me clean up. Try that one handed...

No more maccas EVER.

Ohhh!  That's terrible.  I'm in tears just thinking about it.

You poor thing.

Oh, man, Janelle! That sounds like something you won't soon forget, even though you may want to. I was going to share that I have had a stomach virus for the last couple of days. I've only been sick 2 other times since I had my stroke. But, based on those 3 experiences, when I get sick, I get really sick.   With this stomach virus, for instance, I was afraid to go to my doc, because I knew that while I was in the waiting room or the examination room, I'd have to make a mad dash for the bathroom. Have you ever tried to make a mad dash in a wheelchair? In a large open room, with no hallways or people, maybe. But, Janelle, your experience was far worse.  Hope you're better now.   Becky

Yes. It was very terrible. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I will never forget it. 

The upside is that it has instilled in me the absolute necessity to be careful what I eat.

Becky, the wheelchair in the waiting room scenario...nope. I agree. I wouldn’t go to the doctor either.

These are more invisible disabilities that people just don’t understand. Regardless of the ‘I know how you feel’ comments.

Oh no Becky...all i can think of is those blue emesis bags on the wall at the hospital. They're blue but see through...i would have stayed home too. 😳 Speaking of stomach viruses...Jannelle and Becky...i had one this past year and i needed the potty and trash too. It was awful😫😭😭😭 I cried too and lived in the bathroom. I have absolute vomitaphobia...from the second of my stroke for the first month i threw up every day...after as well but that got better and better 🙏 thank you. Yep...vomitaphobia.

Janelle off lsublject but i got "You just have to _______." comments today from my mom. High anxiety day and i had the cries. Its why i share witlh my kitty a lot. She pets me.

Oh Tracy, my arms are aching to give you a hug.

Sometimes I feel bad about venting about the ones who love and help me the most (mum), but it has to be done.

Tell Kitty all.  She loves you unconditionally (well, conditionally. Face it, she’s a cat) and will keep all your secrets. She won’t judge you, or reason with you. She’ll purr and soak up your attention.

In times like these, the love and support of a pet is like no other.

More hugs Tracy, Mum means well but she's not helping. In such situations Kitty is the better confident. "you just have to ... " would be easier to take if they left the "just" out. there's nothing "just" about it!  I mean "you just have to use your left hand" makes me want to hit people with it (I wish I could)  "you have to use your left hand where possible" is a completely different thing.

Ladies youve made me smile thank you. Janelle...amen i am in total agreement. Heather you just point them out and i fling the flip flop. We'll both feel better haha.

Or just get closer and use your right hand to make your left hand bop them lol.

Tracy there will be Aussies on both sides of the country you'll need to take aim at!!

Did Kitty make you feel better?