PaulNash

Glad to have the old theme back

It was great having the festive Christmas theme, very cheerful and jolly for the mid-winter gloom.  However, I'm glad to have the old theme back again.

I found that the busy-ness and colours made me tired quite quickly -- I don't know whether this is a general stroke thing or just because of the damage to my visual pathways.  Also getting used to the different icons for "read"/"unread" took a while, but that's just probably just my borked memory.

And a huge "thank you" for this site.  I've said before (and will say again), it is a real (and literal) life-saver.

Ditto!! Was too "busy", distracting for me. As you said, Paul, best stroke support site ever!!

I'm the same though it has been ok since it is more subtle. I still enjoy the cheer. Good news is I think at the bottom of the home page their is a drop down menu of theme. There you can toggle to the original theme which was "brain calm" smiles. I have toggled a few times.  🙂

Not being a Christmassy sort of person I am glad to see the back of it!

Bah Humbug.

Deigh

The thing that got me was the falling snow. Or did I dream that?

Being from a non-snow place that doesn't rain much, it's weird to watch. Kind of distracting. 

Do you guys find snow or sleet etc hard to handle, sensory wise?

I do painful extremities wise. 😕 We rarely get snow though. If we did I'd be under the covers more!!! 😁

I find the snow a tad distracting, but not too bad.  And I understand about the dissonance of the snow effects -- I grew up in South Africa and it was weird putting up fake snowmen in really hot weather.  Now that I live in Canada, it's disconcerting seeing two feet of snow in the driveway :-). 

Snow has its positive effects -- shovelling the driveway is a solid workout that cannot be postponed.

Snow is not had for walking through (think loose sand), but when there is a thaw/freeze cycle it turns to ice and that is tricky at the best of times, brutal when your balance is not great.  I end up looking for the rough bits to walk on, or shuffle very slowly.  I used to coach hockey when my kids were little (ice-hockey for non-Canadians :-)), and getting onto the beautifully-groomed and smooth and slick ice while wearing normal shoes taught me a lot about balance and shuffling across slippery surfaces.  Good training for post-stroke winter :-).

Paul I LOVE ice hockey!!

I used to play field hockey.

When I lived in England with Jennelle (my bestie) we followed an ice hockey team.

When we were in Vancouver a couple of years ago we went to a couple of Canucks games. 

Best sport on earth!!

Tracy I long for weather to be cold enough to snuggle up with a good e-book...

I enjoy watching amateur hockey (here in Canada, you get "hockey" and "ball hockey") .  The pro stuff is a bit too fast for me, although the junior leagues are impressive.  I can sort-of skate, but I doubt that Linda would let me onto anything slippery.

Field hockey is too violent for me; I used to play rugby at school in SA, where at least the ball was not solid.

22 hours ago, HostTracy said:

at the bottom of the home page their is a drop down menu of theme. There you can toggle to the original theme

Thanks for pointing that out, Tracy.  Anybody can switch themes whenever they like.  :humming:

The Christmas name place holders have gone.  I always had the theme to default invision.

I'm glad its back to normal as Christmas was 90 days ago, yes it was hard on the eyes and the brain,  everyone handles thing differently.

Ed 

Oh my gosh, Ed! It’s only 285 days till Christmas this year! 

Saying that christmas was that long ago, shows how quickly time goes by.

Ferris Bueller was right.