ksmith

My heart is broken

My heart weeps for the 49 souls lost . please pray for all those in Christchurch. The callus person 'livestreamed' the shooting and I can't understand why he did what he did.  Please respect all lost by NOT searching for the stream. Hopefully , from what I heard from news, Google took it down

Pray%20For%20New%20Zealand-768x480.jpg

Kelli it's absolutely the saddest thing I have heard in a long while.

Words cannot describe how sad I am.

A very good friend of mine is a kiwi, from Christchurch.   Whilst her family are fine, she is devastated no end.

Deigh is from the other island, not sure about his boys.

The world is definitely a place worse off, losing these 49 beautiful souls.

Thank you for posting this Kelli. We need to pray for all the people affected by this horrific event. And then keep praying for our own neighborhood that this may not  be repeated among those we know and love and never want to lose. My heart goes out to all affected by this tragedy. I too have friends in New Zealand and this is another reminder that out of sight should not mean out of mind. 

This is very sad and frightening   

Not to get anyone mad but I thought New Zealand banned firearms ???????????? 

Ed

Australia did after it's first and only mass shooting in Tasmania. 

I'm not sure about New Zealand. 

I really hope that if not, they do now, so that another tragedy does not occur.

This is absolutely tragic.  My heart goes out to all the family and friends of those killed or injured, and to the survivors.  It must share them to their very core.

I have no words. I just feel sick and honestly afraid. 🙏 to all.

New Zealand is completely shattered by this event, Every town has sympathetic bouquets of flowers around its clock towers or Memorial columns. Nobody can even guess on 'Why'. the only thing that has promptly emerged is a demand for complete banning of this type of weapon. We have a strong gun registration system but licenced guns are used quite regularly by the hunting  fraternity and in only rare occasions in crime. There are only a very few shooting accidents since the licencing includes gun handling training.

The country is still reeling from an uncharacteristic murder of a young female tourist a few months ago. Demonstrations of sympathy were held throughout  the entire country.

Thanks for concern about me and family but we live at the opposite end of the country and since none of us are Muslins we would not have been a target anyhow.

Deigh

Heather is right. The statement from Waleed, an Australian, is very good.

I will listen to that latter tonight 

I can only give you an Americans view on this, my father taught me when I was 5-6 that firearms are not toys, there tools respect them and never use them in anger, it only take's a few seconds to use them but a lifetime of grief follows if used in anger.

My condolences to all the effected family's  :sorry: 

Thank you Heather.  Just watched his broadcast; very moving and hits the nail fair and square on the head.

Unfortunately, bigotry is all to easy, but even so, I cannot understand what drives people to do things like this.

To return to this subject......Here in NZ the disaster has dominated the news for more than a week. There has been an opening of hearts all round. Mosques have been open to everyone throughout and non-believers have been welcomed to enter and pray. The perpetrator of the slaughter had been hoping to start a wave of bigoted hatred for the Moslem fraternity but he has created the reverse and it has resulted in a bonding between the newcomers and us never before experienced. 

The government has declared that there is no place for automatic weapons in the community and they will be banned.

Deigh