i'm usually positive and upbeat, though the lability makes me break down every so often.

I now have two  OTs ,andone told me on Tuesday I might not get my left hand back, "you have to face it",

then the Thursday one said i am on the way to recovering the function .Of course I didnt like or accept the first ones comment.I'm getting it, maybe not now or soon, but I will.Dont tell me I cant.I work at it daily and steadily.I might even  be the stem cell patient who gets recovery that way There are several very promising studies done.

Look up Neural stem. to see some.Its just a matter of time.

That's a difficult situation to have to face but I'd say just increase the effort you are making to improve your hand strength and flexibility. My  problem is my ability to talk properly and despite all my efforts I don't think I'll get much further than where I am now. However, this has not stopped me from trying and at the moment I'm working hard on my whistling!

Deigh

Alan never is a very long time, and the one thing you can be sure of with this thing is that if you don't work on it it won't get better, but if you do work on it it should improve.  The longer you leave it the harder it is to get anything back as you need to break the learned non use as well as overcome muscle atrophy.  I've recently started working on my left arm again, and it is responding even though my stroke was now nearly 9 years ago. I made a conscious decision not to keep working on my left arm/hand fairly early on. I didn't have the energy and mobility was more important to me.

i am lucky, when I look back at where I was a year ago.     I'm walking, driving, enjoying life and traveling.   The hand is so important to me, its frustrating to not be able to use it,I have like 8 guitars waiting to be played.:#$%/!!: