smallory

Man suffers major stroke from cracking neck

This story is about exactly what caused my brainstem stroke in 1994.  I was only 36 years old.  Unfortunately, my recovery was nothing like the man in the story.  I am still quadriplegic, cannot talk, have central pain syndrome, and numerous other serious permanent disabilities.  Click here to read about him.  Fast forward the video on the page to 3:46.

Which other members suffered a stroke from some type of neck manipulation?  What are your deficits? 

Yikes I never did that but they suspected I'd been to chiropractor.  Had once for hip.  Neurologist said it tricky if never did adjustment.  Just one of those flukes.

Steve my daughter does this every day!!! I've said to her over and over that it can't be good to do. It's so loud and she can do it so much...it makes my skin crawl! 😖☹️ I'm going to share this story with her. It really scares me...she is 22.

I just shared it with her. She said someone had told her the same thing already. 😔 Man I don't want her to add to her risk. 

Steve thanks for sharing more about you.

I'm going to be honest and say I have no intention of watching it. Makes me too sad.

Mine was from exactly that. In the chiropractor office no less

Wow Kelli I know I have always wondered what the real cause of my "bleed" was. They called it a blood pressure stroke but there where a few things that happen to me in early 2015 that might have had something to do with it. I gave up guessing awhile back when I understood I would never really know for sure and it didn't matter anyway because I am where I am and it's today I have to deal with.

So true Will, the only reason to spend time and effort understanding what happened the first time is to prevent a second time. but the reality is that most of the time its just bad luck. There are too many and varied reasons why this happens to prevent all of them. So you take a deep breath, pick yourself up, swear a bit, and get on with life.