GreenQueen

Routine Routine routine (blah blah blah)

OK got to get back on track and do my GLAD journal everyday again...ive gotten lazy. 

That was from Tracy, on another thread.

I stole it Tracy to remind us all we are not alone.

I was sick for nearly two months; trying to catch up on "stuff".

My cousin wanted some old family photos. Long story, but I decided to sort all my Nana's albums not just the one my cousin wanted. 

Then my mum and I decided our badminton club needed new score books. So who volunteered for that?

I'm way way behind on card making for the nursing home...

What all this extra stuff means is I don't always have time or energy to come onto here. Annoying. 

As try as I might I just can't seem to settle into routine.

Life gets in the way of things that I would like to do.

Janelle life is busy! 😀 This says to me "I'm living it!". I think it's says a lot. My therapist thought it was great that I shared the GLAD method with everyone. She said, "Now we have to get you doing it everyday."... Hint hint. Haha. 

Making a new habit is hard enough without the "joys" of brain injury. Don't beat yourselves up. but do it each time you remember and hopefully that habit will come.

I believe in routines & love them  & they have given me control of my  life back & I am able to recreate my new normal with my routine, it might not be same as my old life but its still very satisfying & good fun new normal, so I feel routine is a must & so is exercise

Asha

Thanks for the replies.

I am getting there with the routine.  It all begins with getting up when my alarm goes off!

and resisting the temptation to crawl back into bed 🙂 btdt

I know routines work with some people unfortunately it doesn't work with me.  Everyday brings a new level of energy or comprehension of what I will or can do that day. I can be fully invested to do something today and when I wake up the next day... I can barely get put of bed or have enough energy to get dressed. I'm often told I have depression or just try harder and you'll feel better.. No... sadly when you have cerebellum issues ( controls movement, balance and muscle tone) it makes it hard to plan anything. I choose to mostly stay at home for I can't last long , if at all. Thankfully my family understands. This is why  my father said I have to live close by.. days I need to go anywhere.. they will drive me. ( their choice and I'm grateful) 

Kelli I'm glad you have your parent's support. 

Knowing they are willing supporters with no strings attached...makes a difference.