I'm a Probus member and my local club has started  ukelele group for beginners. I've bought an instrument and have joined. It is not that I have any great desire to play the instrument but the challenge for my fingers (and brain) will make the effort worthwhile, it is also an excuse to mix with other musicians. We have named the group the Probuskers and I'm enjoying it although the fingers are not keen on twisting into rather small tight positions. My knowledge of music is a great advantage to me and tends to offset my stroke created clumsiness.

There is a slight problem inasmuch as the ladies either side of me me tend to mother me and leap to help if I drop anything or have problems slipping new items into my folder. This is very nice of them but they do not realise that I need to do everything myself. I'm not making an issue about it and find it rather amusing.

Deigh

I think that this is a great idea!  Sounds like it's right up your alley. Let us know how it goes. Becky

That sounds like a great idea Deigh. I have yet to find an effective and nice way to discourage the "mothers" of this world. Although sometimes explaining that it helps to at least try to do it yourself first can help them get the idea.

That is a great idea.  I find it funny also at stroke club that I've been babied so to speak.  Just in general.  I can out move some of them and also smile to myself. 

I'm not musical but every now and then they do this "drum fit" done with an exercise ball and drum sticks, and boy is that a challenge.  Keep the beat with music playing and follow the routine the instructor leads with.  

Funny how the mind finds that a challenge.  I sometimes let the ball roll away on purpose.  😈

🎸🦶🌹🌹🌹🌹🦶