scottm

New medication seems to be working

So far it seems the Carbamazepine is working without all the side effects. No fog most of the time, no sleepiness or lethargy, fully intact cognitive function. The pain is mostly reduced to a sensation not unlike that produced by the neuros tuning fork when he places it against my body, sort of a buzzing sensation. A little annoying at times but compared to the ice/fire it is a blessing. Only place it isn't really working is my face for some reason. I do have moments where the pain reasserts itself to remind me it is there, but I have practice coping with it. Clothes still sometimes a challenge but overall it feels better. 

I'll take this as a win. The doc wants an update in 2 weeks after this has reached a stable concentration in my system to see if it needs adjustment. The dose is so low that the pharmacy had to special order it twice as the manufacturer sent the wrong dose the first time thinking the pharmacy made a mistake and nobody takes it at this low of a dose.

Sounds like this is a "win" for you. YAY! Happy that you found something that works. Finally!:cool:

Interesting that you take carbamazepine.  My wife has been on it for most of her life for epilepsy.  Looks like a useful all-purpose drug :-).

I'm really glad that you have something that works.

It never ceases to surprise me how many meds treat different ailments.

"Carbamazepine, sold under the trade name Tegretol, among others, is an anticonvulsant medication used primarily in the treatment of epilepsy and neuropathic pain."

:smile:

Scott that is so great to hear!