Hello everyone, been absent for awhile enjoying my post stroke life with its new accommodations as much as possible. Things were progressing so well that the shadow of a new stroke got pushed to a vague thought. I was enjoying an extended Memorial Day weekend, camping with friends, riding my motorcycle with my furry pal, when a pons stem stroke hit just as we got back home. Now my left side is affected and dysphagia makes speech and swallowing difficult. Here we go again. At least this time I'm being transferred to a rehab facility before being sent home. I think a new sign in is necessary.

Ray, I'm a survivor of a stroke in the pons too, and I also had left side paralysis and dysphagia, so I know how you feel. Glad you're going to rehab-it helps so much. Good luck, Becky

Wow!  That's a pretty shitty thing to happen.  I hope that the rehab can get back most or all of your affected function.

All I can say is sorry and hope you get better soon. :wink:

Never give up

Ed

It just proves you are better off not worrying about the next one til it actually happens. So sorry you drew the short straw. Fingers crossed for successful rehab.