Sign in to follow this  
alansd

hyperbaric chamber

I met an acquintance of my wife and myself today just by chance, she asked what happened as I walk with a cane,etc.When 

i told her, she invited me to her husbands practice. Hes a Naturopath, well known in our area, and they gave ma an hour in their hyperbaric chamber.

It was hard to climb inside it , but very comfortable and relaxing.They said a few sessions could be very helpful i nbrain regeneration.I will go back next week again.

Hi Alan, Hyperbaric  oxygen treatment will increase the oxygen in your blood stream short term, which may facilitate connections and does speed healing, but this far from your incident I doubt that the benefits outweigh the risks.  It is used a lot for things like ulcers, bed sores and chronic inflammation, gangrene etc. but the chances of you having any of these 2 years after your incident is very small. Also I'd be very wary of the qualifications of a naturopath to administer such "treatment".  even hyperbaric nursing is a specialty that requires multiple years of training.

Did you know for instance that prolonged exposure to high partial pressure oxygen is toxic and can induce seizures in healthy individuals.  Such things should be discussed with you prior to "treatment"

Don't fall for the "snake oil" in your eagerness to find a "cure"

Sorry if this bursts your bubble

-Heather

Hello, Alan. My husband is doing a stroke study using Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) and Osteopathic Manipulation Therapy.  It is a 6 week study and the treatments are free.  He is seeing some improvement  in movement in his fingers and arm.  They tested him midway through and he had improved.  He is 2/3 of the way through now.  We go every weekday for HBOT and twice a week for OMT.  I found the trial on clinical trials.gov.