raysrightside

One load of laundry = 2 spoons.

Imagine a ten spoon day. Was running out of clean clothes so decided to do a load. How hard could this possibly be?  Four pairs of shorts, some boxers, a few t shirts and a pillow case for a laundry bag.  Hop on the scooter and off to the laundry room.  Who knew a few clothes could be so heavy.  By the time I'm done loading the machine, I've used one spoon. Load and unload the dryer and I can barely stand. In fact had to use a handy golf club to reach a few shirts deep in the dryer. Had to finish folding seated.  Second spoon gone. Sitting on the couch recovering.  Seriously considering getting domestic home aid. My doctors say I should qualify.

Getting domestic help makes sense. I've always thought it's better to use the spoons for therapy and fun things than chores. outsource what you can!

Oh Ray, what are they called...Acts of Daily Living?

Yes, please get the help. You so deserve it, and it's definitely a problem for you that can be avoided. 

Will be better for you to use up your spoons on funner activities. 

All the best with getting it sorted.

Oh I can understand.. some days I use 2 spoons while showering.. heck even while trying to decide what to eat... seriously 🏳️

Yeah,  Ray, get whatever you're eligible for. You won't regret it. Becky

I can't agree more! I have not named the amount of spoons i have each day. It's all relative. I can promise you though my mind thinks I have a lot more spoons than my body and brain do! Accept what you qualify for and really use those precious spoons on the things that bring you joy! 😊

Tracy, you are so right, girlfriend!

Some days my mind thinks there are endless spoons...

I have started cleaning out a cupboard.  Started being the operative word!

There are now piles of junk everywhere, and no spoons in sight...maybe tomorrow...

The spoons story is very good. Unfortunately I can not find the link again to let my wife/caregiver read it. I thought I had saved it somewhere.🤔

Willis, if you Google Spoon Theory you'll find lots of information about the spoon theory.

It's an awesome analogy.

I have well and truly used all my spoons today; unfortunate as I have to get tea yet!

😃 Give it a minute, recharge!

Recharging now...on about minute 56!!!

🤣