>> Never heard Canada described as sunny -- hahaha! I'm in Newfoundland.

I was there two years ago with the whole family.  Spent 10 days driving from West to East (Gros Morne to St John's).  Best Trip Ever.  People were the friendliest I have ever encountered.  Anywhere.  Ever.

We had great weather, bonus still some icebergs around.  One AirBnB host took us out in his sport fishing boat for a closeup of a small iceberg trapped in the local bay.

AND we got several sunny days.  The weather faeries must have laid it on just for us.

All is good. Toes only squinch when putting on my shoes 1st thing in the morning. I found that if I flex my toes back and forth with my good hand 5 or 6 times, then slide into my shoes, works good. If they still have a little squinch, I flex them while in my shoe. No problem the rest of the day. 

Just have to use the AFO more.  My toes do better when used.  Been massaging right foot a lot more too lately.  Stretching and flexing with hand help.  

East coast I think we'll try that next year thanks Paul for the positive remarks.

Edited by Madade

Benni, I so need an AFO that’s smaller and lighter. I’m supposed to wear it every day.

I will have to look into it.

• ksmith pinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

Grab you toes as many together as you can. Work them in a figure right to stimulate them and see if they loosen up. Mine do, but the tennis ball id a good  tool,also

workimg your ankle is the same sort of pattern is useful too.

muliple directional movements.

i hate the curly toes, but no one is gonna  snip my tendons!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My toes curl when I walk, which is painful.  To exerciser my toes, I press a golf ball under the arch and my toes relax. I put a sandbag on top of my foot to keep it in place. I can move my toes when I'm pressing on the golf ball. It's been a huge help. I sit and stretch my arch twice a day. Hoping to get more connected with my toes.

Hi Jane nice to meet you. I'm still fighting with my toes and have been for years, does that mean I'm more connected with them 🙂 I'm thinking of lovers quarrels here 😝 not being serious

My physios have tried all sorts of things for my toes. For me at the moment my toes are functionally connected to my hamstrings so any movement that turns on my hamstrings e.g. lifting my knee also makes my toes curl under. The current exercise I'm doing to try and break the pattern is to put my bare foot onto a massage/spiky ball and concentrate on pushing the heel down and lifting the toes, the toes will initially curl very tightly onto the ball. Once the toes are released, lift the heel only, keeping the toes long, and roll/pull the ball back a bit then push it forwards. rinse and repeat until you are going mad.  It does seem to help.

-Heather

My toes have also wreaked havoc on my right foot.  To the point they bleed.  I don't sense it either.  I found that toes socks give me separation and lessen the bleeding effects.  Treadmill daily with my AFO a running shoe or both.  Stroke club suggested massage, that has become daily routine at bed, with lotion.  I usually just do the right foot as it seems impossible to get left foot raise.  I was also sent to a chiropodist for evaluation and corrective trimming  of nails.  

Panic with the foot as that what cause my mothers demise.  Diabetes and foot issue so I am extra vigilant with my feet.  I do a ball roll still and use a TENS/EMS machine to interrupt  the muscle contractions.  

Foot cramping has been the cause of most my falls.  Been lucky with all of them.  So far.   

• 1 month later...

Toes cramping. Check.

Diabetes. Check.

Eye rolling. Double check.

The hits just keep on coming. 

💚👑