Sign in to follow this  
Willis

Your experience with any non pharmaceutical treatments

I did originally post this as a comment yesterday but I am inIerested in opening this subject for discussion. Edible cannabis for myself has been life changing after my hemorrhagic stroke in so many different ways. #1 it helps turn this handicap/disability into more of an inconvenience than anything else. I sleep very well every night and it also relives most of the discomfort (it's hard to call it pain) in my hip and shoulder. I had depression with suicidal thoughts for the 1st and only time in my 65 years. That was 4 to 5 months after my stroke Feb. 14 (Happy Valentines Day!) 2015. I was prescribed zolof and I hated it and the side effects but it did work to get me through that 3 month period. After that I found edibles did the same thing better and with no side effects. I make my own cannabis butter and bake cookies using it. The #1 thing one must remember about using edibles is to start with a very small dosage and spend a few days figuring out what the proper amount is for you starting out. After ingesting one usually begins to feel a little something in 45 minutes to an hour The maximum effect is felt in about 2 to 2 and a half hours so proceed with that in mind if you are curious if this could possibly bring  some relief for you from this horrible thing that has happened to us. I have a very good article on cannabis and the help edibles can provide to someone with brain damage. I can't seem to attach it here but will post it as soon as I get it figured out.

Interesting to hear how it works Will. So far I've not needed anything in that way thank goodness but will be investigating further if I need it later. Medical Cannabis is just starting to be available here.

heathber that is wonderful! Your attitude is always refreshing and comes through in your comments. I know you are giving and have given many a little extra strength to fight. Keep it up!

I have had spinal RFA and electrode trial.

Both help me