Benni

Sensations/feelings not "really there"

I wanted to know if any of you had sensations but weren't really true. My first instance was while still in the hospital. I felt like I was sitting on a lumpy pillow (on the affected side of my buttocks), but I wasn't. Nurses said I was experiencing sensations. That went away after a few weeks. 

Since then, for the past two years, I have had daily itching under my affected arm (armpit). It drives me nuts. Doc has checked and there's nothing there, no rash, etc. It happens several times a day. 

For awhile, it felt like my sock (affected foot) was bunched up on the bottom of my foot,  I'd take off my brace to look -- nope, sock was fine. 

Anyone else have these?

Hmmm.....I do find it more comfortable when I'm sitting on sofa type furniture or an easy chair to sit on about 3 pillows, one regular pillow on the bottom and 2 of the square type pillows on top of that. It's my left side that's numb and it does feel strange on the left cheek back there. I sit on either the left or right end of our sofa pretty much without preference and move from side to side just for a different veiw. I do get different sensation from time to time on the left side of my face, arm, leg and torso. That is usually something itching which I hope means healing. The newest sensation I've been getting is the bottom center of my left foot sending me pain signals.  

I often have a strange itch on my cheek usually in the left side.

Benni, I used to get these all of the time, but not so much now. The one that I remember most, probably because it was recurrent and very annoying, was that whenever I made a fist with my left hand, it felt as if I had small wooden blocks under my fingers, Whenever I checked, of course, nothing was there. But it felt so real!  Becky

well, I don't feel alone in this then. Yes, those feelings DO feel real indeed. My underarm is driving me bonkers with all the itching. I started applying calamine lotion to it and it helps for a few hours. Just wish it'd go away!!  😫

Oh yeah Benni "Itchy pits" for sure. I get it on both but I tell myself it is good I can feel anything at all on my left side.

The only thing I get Benni is on my nose. Well the sides of my nose.

We have cats, rabbits and a dog. Love my fluffy cuddles.

I always feel like one of the babies has left fur on my nose somewhere, but there never is. Very frustrating. 

I hope it all calms down for you soon.

1 hour ago, Willis said:

Oh yeah Benni "Itchy pits" for sure. I get it on both but I tell myself it is good I can feel anything at all on my left side.

I have feelings on my affected side,  always have. Certain parts are numbing, that's all.

1 hour ago, GreenQueen said:

The only thing I get Benni is on my nose. Well the sides of my nose.

We have cats, rabbits and a dog. Love my fluffy cuddles.

I always feel like one of the babies has left fur on my nose somewhere, but there never is. Very frustrating. 

I hope it all calms down for you soon.

Thanks, Janelle! 

Update: I put Lanacane Anti-itch cream on my armpit once a day, every day, for a week. No itching. But, the last 4 days, I've used nothing. No itching in all those days.  I must've tricked my brain.  Now, if only I could trick it to remember how to use my hand/arm correctly! 

I do have occasional sensations of wet, both warm and cold. Always make me check...

The knife in the back of the calf leaves something to be desired.