catwoman!

Not really new, but need to reintroduce myself

Hello, Everyone,

I came here some years ago after my husband had suffered a stroke, and I needed answers.  It was a valuable decision to come here, and I did get some good information.

Since my father had suffered a stroke years (decades) before that one, I felt a bit like I knew something about this, however, their strokes had been so different in terms of size and disability, that I didn't quite know what to make of my husband's!  I have just posted a lengthy question on (geez...  I didn't make a note of which board it's on, and I'm afraid of leaving this to go look for it...  It's in the middle section -- the one that's for both stroke survivors and stroke caregivers, about serious discussions...?), and after posting it, I saw that my icon is a rather old picture by now, but the big problem is that it has me as a "stroke survivor!"  I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, so I wanted to go fix that, but nowhere in the profile was I asked that question!

Another thing I didn't know how to do is change the spam to allow emails from strokenet.  I know I've been getting them, so I don't think it's a problem.  However, I do know that if I put the email address in question into my Contacts, it will not go into the spam folder.  I tried doing that with the strokeboard.net, and strokenetwork names and URL's, but they weren't accepted as email addresses.  So I just picked out the one with smallory in front of it, and added that to my Contacts!  I hope that's not a problem.

If anyone knows how I can change my status, I'd appreciate learning that!  Thanks!

You didn't mention the mail client you are using but in Outlook right click on the email > select junk email > select never block email from this domain.

Hi there Catwoman. Have you got things sorted out yet? I  do understand the pickle one can get into in an unusual forum. Keep on with questions please!

Deigh

To scottm:  Thank you for taking an interest.  Sorry so late with reply -- first time back on computer because way too much to do!  Anyway, my email client is AOL.  Yes, while my internet provider is the former Time-Warner, now knows as Spectrum, I did want to keep my original email address so I made sure I would.  But part of my problem may be that I'm on AOL.  I do think I was right, however -- I do get the strokenetwork emails so I already think there's no need to worry about it going into spam!

Hello, Deigh, yes, I think I have it sorted out.  Except the business about my being a stroke survivor!  I even HAD to put down a date for my stroke anniversary!  I put down my father's, because I can more clearly remember it.  It was the day that his life changed forever!  A man who had been able to speak eight languages fluently, could no longer speak any one of them.  He could translate up to sixteen with a dictionary, and this is all scientific stuff, and it was all over for him.  Though he received all kinds of therapy immediately, even back then, he never returned to normal function.  But that's not my stroke date.  Up to today, I haven't had one.  But I do live in fear of mini strokes (not TIA's), that are so small you're not aware of your new limitations!  I think more people have had them than we even count.  I personally believe that cat hoarders, and indeed, all hoarders, are stroke victims.  Yet the medical field and the public still treats their condition as something psychological!  I think they should check them all for earlier strokes!

Yes, one is frequently asked that question. I have to refer to my memiors to get the date. The occasion is locked in my memory, but the date easily forgotten!

How is your recovery going?

Deigh      

:hi: