Hi everyone, my name is Isabel i am 37 and I had a stroke on Dec 5, 2017. I worked in healthcare and I was able to tell my husband to take me to the hospital that I was having a stroke ( of course it wasn't as easy as I just stated). I'm hoping to maybe make some friends and possibly understand better what happened to me. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Welcome to Strokenet, Isabel! We are a friendly group that welcomes any question you may have, or comment you may make about anyone else's concerns. Not only can you meet people by talking in the forums (where you are now) but we also have chats where you can meet people. We come here at different ages and stages of our recovery and welcome any survivor who wants to join us.  Becky

Welcome! You have found a wonderful place where everyone understands what other strokers are talking about like no where else and are faced with many similar challenges and situations.😀

Thank you, Becky and Willis. I haven't found much support in my community for stroke survivors. It's been a long hard road for.y husband and I since it's just us. He has been great but it's hard to have him understand everything that's going on with me.

I've been part of a forum before and I can honestly say that I have missed it. I look forward to the chats we will have and getting to know everyone. 🙂

Isa, Welcome. I find this stroke forum a great way to keep in touch with others having similiar recovery problems. It is very handy too for advice. Have you any dependants like youngsters to look after? 

Deigh

Hi Isabel, nice to meet you, Feel free to ask questions, share what you feel comfortable sharing and when you need to just rant and "scream" we've all been there, we'll listen and offer advice. What deficits are you dealing with? You are just starting on this journey so you may not know yet what they all are and the chances are one or more of us has already been there. There are no quick fixes for this it's a long hard slog, but things do get better. Both you get better at coping and adjusting and you get some recovery of function so long as you keep working for improvement.

Hugs

-Heather

Hi Isabel 

Welcome to the group.

I look forward to sharing with you. 

J x

hi isabel :

welcome to wonderful active stroke support group community. I am glad you found us, even after having great supportive family you still feel alone. I stroked at age 34 which left me paralyzed on my left side & retired me from the job I loved, even though I had supporting family & friends I still felt quite alone in my journey, till i found this site. I found blogging & chatting with other survivors hugely therapeutic for my soul. We do have scheduled chats every day afternoon from 3-4 EST & in the evening on M,W & F 8-9 EST. Friday night chats we host in coffee-shop rest of the chats are all in survivor room #2. I also host chatrs on Wed evening & Friday evening

Asha

Hello Isabel. Though I registered over ten years ago here, I mostly just stayed behind the computer and just recently came out of the shadows to start posting. There's so much good information here. I just read as much and as often as my brain can manage before fatigue and digest offline. Welcome, enjoy your searches and much success in your recovery. See ya around!