becky1

GOOD NEWS....FINALLY!

I've been off all of my meds for at least 2 weeks.  This was unintentional. So I saw my doc for a routine appt. today and my BP WAS 124/80. She felt that if my BP was that low off of it that I didn't need it. I didn't share with her that I'd had a very stressful morning but got there on time for my 8AM appt . I  expected BP to be elevated, but it was within normal limits! This will be the first time in 12 yrs that I've not been on a BP med. Kind of scary, but progress.  So don't give up anyone. Good things can happen unexpectedly no matter how far out you are.   Becky

Edited by becky1
typos

Wow Becky! That is fantastic news. Seems like these days most of the population is taking BP meds or blood sugar medications. That is quite the accomplishment, any secrets you care to share? 

Great news Becky! Continue to take readings regularly at home too if you can. I take 2 BP meds and they do a great job without any side effects that I notice. They are the only pharmaceuticals I take however and would prefer none at all. I'm afraid to mess with it though because they called my stroke a Blood Pressure stroke even though I was taking a med and it was considered under control. 

i

Awesome Becky. I just got mine cut to 1/4 of the dose I've been on for years after I lost 25 pounds.

Fantastic!  

So nice when something works like it's supposed to! Always good to be able to give up a chemical "fix" Congratulations!

Thank you, everyone! I'm just happy that I have one less chemical in my body to worry about. Like you, Willis, if I had my way, I wouldn't be on any meds. 

W2, I haven't really done anything except to give control of the salt shaker to my husband, who doesn't salt his own food at all,so he's not as liberal with it as I am. tHANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS AGAIN!   BECKY

On 11/10/2019 at 7:50 PM, becky1 said:

Thank you, everyone! I'm just happy that I have one less chemical in my body to worry about. Like you, Willis, if I had my way, I wouldn't be on any meds. 

W2, I haven't really done anything except to give control of the salt shaker to my husband, who doesn't salt his own food at all,so he's not as liberal with it as I am. tHANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS AGAIN!   BECKY

Becky, thats a big one. Especially all the sodium in packaged frozen foods which I have to dramatically cut back, especially the microwavable stuff. The real low sodium stuff is more what I need to look at. Other than those type of foods (pkg'd) I don't use salt at all.

Good luck on your salt-free journey, and being free of those BP meds is commendable!