ksmith

It happened again

SOOOOal

thankfully I have a co worker/friend that is also on SSI ( I'm on SSDI) but she has to watch her hours as well. WELL... the State of New Jersey gave all the DSP ( Direct support Professional - Me) and that is all good but that amount would have sent me over the limit again. I say again for when I got a raise ( we all did per state mandate) i had to scurry to adjust my hours to avoid going over my allotment. WELL.. I got the message , from my co worker, Wednesday. That is when the official email was sent from our main office. I would not have got that email until Friday evening and wouldn't have the hours to shed. My father was with me to plead my case to my main office to hold the check, They couldn't so I took myself off the schedule for the end of the month. We then  went to my bank and asked them to decline that amount. They weren't sure they could and I was at risk of losing my SSDI completely. THANK GOODNESS they came through. they normally NEVER do that but i was despite.

Moral::

SSI needs to re examine the cost of living ratio. this sucks

not having these problems it is very difficult for me to understand, but you have my sympathy dealing with officialdom. We have similiar problems here so it means that official stupidity is universal!

Deigh

cheers mate 🙂