Here is an interesting problem that needs solving....My wife and I are keen scrabble players and play a game most evenings. She beats me two games out of three and I consider myself a good player. She keeps the score. Her having to use some of her brain power to do this is an advantage to me because I need all my brain to play a good game. Suddenly she has a fracture in her right arm and it is in plaster. This means she cannot hold a pen.

My writing since the stroke is barely legible, my greatest triumph is to put my signature on anything.  Last night I had to keep the score, naturally I lost!

i have a spare iPad and a laptop, my phone is smart but Valerie's isn't. Can anyone suggest how we can keep score without actually having  to  write it? Punching numbers on a keyboard is possible.

Deigh

use a spreadsheet with a running total. I assume Google sheets or similar is available for the ipad or phone otherwise use Excel on your laptop

formula is  cell B2=B1+A2, cell B3=B2+A3 etc. then you leave cell B1 empty, put the players name in cell A1 and then enter the score in cell A2 and so on down the column as you play, same setup for player 2 in columns C and D. If you make the spreadsheet with the formulas already setup for say 50 rows and you do a Save As from the empty one at the start of each game. I can send you an excel file if that helps. message me your email address.

-Heather

That could be the answer, I'll have an experimental session sometime today. I've used spreadsheets but not for a long time .Thanks

Deigh