I had my stroke on Sep 22, 2019.  I fell twice in shower.  The first time, I was able to get up the 2nd I wasn't.  I pounded on shower, my daughter (Registered Nurse) heard dogs barking.  she came into my bathroom and helped me up and to get dressed.  I fell twice more and she informed me I was having a stroke, she noticed my face and slurring of words.  We were to local hospital withing 30 minutes of start of my Ischemic Stroke, and the ER gave me TPA and had me flown by plane to the top hospital in state to treat me. When I left the local hospital, I was paralyzed on let side.   I had a Mechanical Embolectomy performed by the Neuro Team and was home on the the 25th of September with minor left  side deficits.  My surgeons kept calling me a Very Very Lucky Man in the hospital.

Well come to the stroke net. You were lucky . Home in 3 days! Join us in the chat room some time.

Hi Ron it does sound like you are a very lucky man. Blessed. I'm so glad to hear that and welcome. Yes please come in and look around. There is a lot of great information and lots of supportive survivors and caretakers alike. My name is Tracy and I had my stroke 7/5/15...from Tennessee. Glad you found Strokenetwork.

Yes, I agree- you were very lucky. Welcome to Strokenet! I'm sure you have questions, and this is a good place to ask them because it's very possible that someone here has had experience with your question.  Becky

Wow!  That is an amazing story -- one of those situations where all the ducks are in a row and everything goes right.  You are a lucky lucky man, and your daughter deserves a huge amount of praise for recognizing what was going on and acting so quickly.

This is a great place to hang out, chat, talk to people who know what you're going through, and find solutions.

Welcome.

Holy cow.  You are lucky to have a daughter who , is not only a nurse but also recognized  you having a stroke. I'm so truly glad that you were able to get to the ER and TPA as quickly as you did.