opasman

72 Year old Male survivor 12 years out

Had two back to back strokes on 9/08/08 due to a carotid dissection (ischemic type).

and here you are doing what you have to do to live! Many have been dealing with this much longer than I. I draw great strength knowing that.  Way to be strong. Everyone here knows how hard that is to one degree or another. 5 year anniversary of a brain bleed for me this coming Valentine Day. Stop by and write a few thoughts from time to time!

On 1/25/2020 at 4:24 PM, opasman said:

Had two back to back strokes on 9/08/08 due to a carotid dissection (ischemic type).

I joined this forum in Nov 2008 but just read until just recently and started posting. My stroke occurred during brain surgery in Nov 2007. It's taken many years to finally put in my first post here but it's good to be out of the shadows and into the light. Many good folks here and it's easy to listen to their stories, lives, and different situations. They get it. Welcome opasman into the light!

Welcome to this group.  It's a great source of advice, good companionship and comfort.

I had much the same:  vertebral artery dissection, clots gave me a minor stroke that seemed to clear up in the emergency room, two days later had a second dose of clots that left me in hospital for 10 days (I think; my recollection is a bit hazy :-)).  Also left me with a smorgasbord of neuro issues.

Welcome to the group. I'll be 11 years next month. . I , too, had a dissection. And clots followed but mine was in my vertebral artery