ksmith

Stroke at a young age ( Jill K)

( I was sent this in my email and was told I may share it )

It's been 26 years to the day that I had my stroke/brain bleed. (And no, to the majority of the parents in Baldwin Kansas, who's kids I went to school with, I did not overdose on cocaine that caused my stroke) I was in 10th grade on a basketball team in Globe, AZ. A girl on the opposing team and I got in a fight over the ball. I "won" but she threw me down on the ground, grabbed my hair and bashed the back of my head against the basketball floor. I got up, was fine and she got ejected from the game. The next day a had a bruise on my head. It was like when you have a tomato and it's way to ripe so you throw it away, ya that kind of bruise. I did not think anything like a brain bleed. Two days later, 1/3 of my brain did not exist anymore. The neurologist's said that a person over 30 years old wouldn't have survived the severity of the stroke that I had. But I got up off of the ground, dusted my cloths off, straightened my crown and got to be the most fantabulous strongest person you guys have ever seen!!!!

This is what I wrote on facebook to all of my friends and family. I was 16 years old when I had my stroke, I am now 42. Still my right side is not working well and that's after 3 plus years of physical,occupational and speech therapy 5 times a week. You can share my story with anyone. I am hoping to hear about other people and their "dealings" with this trauma. 

Jill K.

You go, Jill!

Such a terrible thing to happen. 

Such a wonderful spirit. 

Thanks for posting.  Absolutely shocking!  Can you invite her to join us?  " I am hoping to hear about other people and their "dealings" with this trauma."

Sounds like she is looking for people to share her story and help her (or at least provide companionship).

Absolutely amazing and a testament to Jill's will and to so many other's. Kelli what an inspiring post. Thank you. Yes, Jill I would be overjoyed if you came to visit us at Strokenet. ❤️

On 2/15/2020 at 6:33 PM, PaulNash said:

Thanks for posting.  Absolutely shocking!  Can you invite her to join us?  " I am hoping to hear about other people and their "dealings" with this trauma."

Sounds like she is looking for people to share her story and help her (or at least provide companionship).

She has already registered 🙂

Excellent news Kelli. 💛

JILL, you sound like a strong woman. I'm curious, what have you done with other aspects of your life, and how have you worked around your stroke deficits? I'm also curious about the girl who did this to you. wAS SHE EXPELLED FROM SCHOOL,criminally charged or anything other than expelled from the game? She sounds dangerous. Thank you for sharing your remarkable story.   Becky

makes me feel better about stroking at 68. Congrats on making it through that horrible experience! Please continue to share your life experiences since.