This is for Ed, who loves going fast.  Anyone else who loves speed, it's for you, too.

My son Connor and his husqvarna 450. Or similar.

He doesn't get to ride as often as he'd like unfortunately. 

The bush next to our house is off limits as it's next to a built up area.  He goes out to his best mate's farm when he can.

My little boy is growing up. large.Resized_20190921_113819.jpg.d53cb6e269400d3ced5d02faf991ed47.jpg

This is Justin, our 22year old grandson with his offroader. Connor's choice is excellent, keep the speed off road and there is more excitement!

Deigh,   *(Valerie shown in picture)

gallery_19426_714_94628.jpg

8 hours ago, GreenQueen said:

This is for Ed, who loves going fast.  Anyone else who loves speed, it's for you, too.

My son Connor and his husqvarna 450. Or similar.

He doesn't get to ride as often as he'd like unfortunately. 

The bush next to our house is off limits as it's next to a built up area.  He goes out to his best mate's farm when he can.

My little boy is growing up. large.Resized_20190921_113819.jpg.d53cb6e269400d3ced5d02faf991ed47.jpg

That bike is a beauty. My oldest raced a KTM 125  ( that was last bike he used). Keep me apprised to his skills :)

Well I have to say I am honored, guess people do read on here 

I too love my Quad and sand rail and the Sand dunes here in California but once again cant enjoy my self after joining this club, it is the best, only way to explain it is the never ending roller coaster that is never the same because of the terrain.

Look it up on You Tube, its a place called Glaims in California and you might understand why I love it so much

Tell your son Connor to enjoy riding but don't ride over your head as in trying to keep up with someone that might be a better rider, its so liberating

Ed

I have to be honest, I just looked on YouTube and after about 15 min of watching a Glamis video I started balling my eyes out, god I miss going there but this stupid stroke has made it not possible.

Sorry i'm not a baby just have so many memories going there, that was my winter hang out miss it dearly

How do you post pics on here I have several I would like to share, Connor might get a kick out of some of them.

Ed

My younger brother who is almost 60 now still races flat track on a Suzuki 400 on the weekends..

You know it's not whether you win or loose it's the enjoyment of participating and the memories......................... but wining is nice :bouncing-for-joy:Tell your brother to enjoy the ride and the friendships he has made at the track

Ed   

Ed, memories of fun times are the worst. I'm so sorry that I caused you some grief.

Hopefully the pic made your day a little, too. 

Yes, Wayne and I have had a talk with him. So far, he's been a very sensible kid, so I'm not expecting too much trouble.

Deigh, the photo of Valerie  and your grandson is a pearler. 

Oh yeah...it's a husky 250.

Who knew?

🤣

Spent a good bit of my life in the saddle- motocross, hairscrambles, autocross, bmx

racetrim ktm300

Awesome razr. 

The car looks like a Nissan?

Kelli, Connor has been out to the farm again.  Seeding is about to start here, rain dependant.   He won't be able to ride his bike out there until after harvesting. 

He hasn't ridden for a while, but didn't stall this weekend or fall off, so he's improving!

22 hours ago, GreenQueen said:

Awesome razr. 

The car looks like a Nissan?

Kelli, Connor has been out to the farm again.  Seeding is about to start here, rain dependant.   He won't be able to ride his bike out there until after harvesting. 

He hasn't ridden for a while, but didn't stall this weekend or fall off, so he's improving!

He'll be more than ready to get back rolling!  I started early (10-ish) with BMX, which lead to dirt bikes (trail riding & motocross), which lead to me shattering my leg in 30 plus places May 3, 1992 (today is the 28 year anniversary), which was the last motocross for me.  Rehab'ed and transitioned into trail riding and hair-scrambles (KTM300, last bike, pic above).  Wadding myself up & taking longer to heal prompted me to close this chapter in my early 30's.  Now my current desire for closed course competition has brought me to autocross (less likely to shatter legs).  '92 Ford Mustang (also pictured above), which is transitioning itself to a street car project, for weekend goofing off.  

Much fun in going fast... hopefully your son will stick to the trails & stay out of competition. 

Wow! 30 places!! I imagine that recovery was long?

Connor definitely won't be competitive with his riding.

My kids are amazing, but really don't like putting themselves out there. 

I have always been a go fast person. When I had my stroke I was a proud owner of a 2011 Kawasaki ZX14 Ninja crotch rocket. It made just under 200 horse power with the Power Commander 5 computer and Muzzy 4 into 1 exhaust among other mods. I am bummed that I never had the chance to go 200 mph on it, 150 is the fastest I took it. I gave it back to the bank after the stroke. I miss that bike every day. 

Growing up I went to OCIR in Ca. to all of the races I could. When I got my license I would go wednesday nights to race  on Fun and Grudge night. I used to go to Pacific Raceways for the Drag Races every year when I lived in Washington. Now that  I'm in the desert in Arizona I go to Las Vegas twice a year to get my fill. 

I was an Auto mechanic all my life and still am only to a lesser degree. I work on friends cars. The latest one is a 1966 El Camino 327 with a 4 spd. that I'm semi restoring. It's a test of my sanity having only one hand to wrench with. My neighbor, across the street, told me she always knows when I'm working on a car when the cussing gets loud. 

I also have a new hotrod project for myself. It's a 1970 Chevelle Station Wagon. I am in the process of making it an SS clone rat wagon.  

I'll add pictures when I find out how?

Mark

On 4/29/2020 at 9:58 AM, razrbak94 said:

Spent a good bit of my life in the saddle- motocross, hairscrambles, autocross, bmx

racetrim ktm300

The moment I read Hair scrambles, I was reminded of the smells and sounds at the starting line 🙂  This is a picture of my oldest around 2008

1929001_1232575850454_1961154_n.jpg

Great photo Kelli

🥰

That sounds wonderful Mark. Don't let the neighbours put you off. Cussing actually helps sometimes, as do long handled wrenches (extra leverage)

I'd like to see the chevelle. 

Kelli might know where the instructions are for posting a photo?

💚