mikem

Stimulas. Payment

Has anyone on SSDI recieved the stimulas direct deposite yet ?

Well, I'm in the wrong country, but we got our stimulus payment.

Has your government even signed off on it yet?

Because you know....things are said, then unsaid, then fake, then said months before anyone else....

Thanks greenqueen. Yes i dissabilityshouldmseenthem by the end of the month 

Glad you got it Janelle, I'm one of the ones who doesn't qualify (again)

Wayne gets carers payment, Heather. Not much a fortnight, but it helps. Yes, it does mean we received the $750. 

Gotta be some perks.

Sorry you didn't get anything  Heather. 

Being disabled should be qualified. 

The system is definitely rigged.

I shouldn't complain I do get "mobility allowance" as a person with a disability who is still in the workforce, which is a nominal payment each fortnight and a healthcare card, but it doesn't count as government support payment or pension so I don't qualify for stimulus or any of the extra payments. 

Another of the holes in the system like the people on temp visas. Who have been paying their taxes ( sometimes for years) and don't get Medicare (they have to have private health insurance for all medical) or any of the new support payments.

what about a carer allowance in Australia, it attracted the $750 handout

Hi banjo, Janelle's Husband Wayne got the 750  handout because he receives the carers allowance. I don't have a partner, or a full time carer.  All my regular carer's are paid services. I have just applied for NDIS funding and am hoping I'm approved and able to get some help with the ongoing costs that way.

I've just applied for ndis, too Heather. 

Here's hoping!

All the  best to you for your application. 

Just got the please send more information request accompanied by a blank copy of the form I already submitted.  I can see that this is going to be a test of my patience and perseverance. I guess I now ask my Physio to fill it in and hope he doesn't contradict anything my GP said. I hate this process where I have to concentrate on what I can't do and must assume that all my work is going to come to nothing in terms of improvements.

Typical. 

My doctor did tell me they usually knock you back the first time.

I understand where you are coming from about concentrating on what can't be done. It's a bit of a downer.

I'm sure the physio won't contradict, just information from a different perspective. 

Lets hope so, I think the GP put in some stuff she thought I might need as well as what I do need. e.g. orthotics/afo. I have had them in the past but don't use them any more