So. Because of my hemiparesis and fatigue I'm not able to exercise much at all.

In saying that, making the bed, emptying the dishwasher and putting on a load of washing certainly feels like exercising!

Anyway , I developed diabetes. 

So the other day, my doctor rings me. They only EVER ring when they have bad news!

Turns out my latest blood test shows I have high cholesterol. 

He wasn't surprised by the fact, he said he was surprised it's taken this long.

6 years disabled, 3 years diabetic. 

The hits just keep on coming.

Oh bugger take care. On the bright side the diet changes you've been making to control the diabetes should also help with the cholesterol. Just remember everythings connected and you got this girl (((Hugs)))

Stay on the good diet road, do your research as there is a lot of good info out there. It is a bit disgusting the crap the major food manufactures subject the masses to. Piles and piles of salt and sugars. This is a saying I like to try and remember. " Every time you eat or drink something you are either feeding a disease or fighting it." Good luck! We're doing this together.  

About 6 yrs ago, my doc told me that I was diabetic. I was scared that diagnosis would give me a whole set of other issues which I would have to deal, and it gave me a greater than average chance of having another stroke, and having had one I thought was quite enough. So I began researching diabetes. I found out that many of the meds used to reduce cholesterol  cause you to develop diabetes. One article that I read stated that most docs know about this connection, but are powerless to do anything about it because this is all that is out there that's effective.  Becky

Yes Becky one stroke was enough for me. It was one too many!  🤗  

One is definately one too many! I COULD LIVE WITH LESS, I THINK. What about you?

So many complex interactions but yes I'd rather not have had the stroke and it does mean I try to avoid taking any more medication than I absolutely have to. Every medication creates some side effect so the more I can do by diet and exercise I will. So pleased that so far cholesterol and blood sugars are behaving for me.  The thing with Statins affecting muscle cells sucks given our muscles are already in trouble from other causes.  I have enough problems with fatigue without that too.

Heather I'm pretty sure the chemist said the new medication...riiiight....

He said the new meds will affect my fatigue levels...

Explains so much!!

I am officially the dumbest person on the planet!!!

No wonder I've been extra tired!!

Yes, Bec and Willis! Definitely NO more for me!!

Janelle make sure you discuss this with the Doc. There are lots of different versions of the same basic drug, and we all react to each one differently.  It's about finding the combo that works with your body.  Balancing side effects with desired effects. and as Will said earlier food is also part of the medicine and could be a factor in your fatigue as well.

On 5/2/2020 at 11:29 AM, GreenQueen said:

So. Because of my hemiparesis and fatigue I'm not able to exercise much at all.

In saying that, making the bed, emptying the dishwasher and putting on a load of washing certainly feels like exercising!

Anyway , I developed diabetes. 

So the other day, my doctor rings me. They only EVER ring when they have bad news!

Turns out my latest blood test shows I have high cholesterol. 

He wasn't surprised by the fact, he said he was surprised it's taken this long.

6 years disabled, 3 years diabetic. 

The hits just keep on coming.

I had high triglycerides and high cholesterol after stroke as well. Mainly from. as you said, not bring able to do a lot. I understand. My sister just started a Keto eating diet, or thingy as I call it, and has lost 14 lbs  or roughly 6kg. Hey it's a start. My "thingy' was  all the eating I was doing was masking the food allergies and sensitivities I deal with. You can go my way, No Dairy, No soy, no gluten...  (sigh)

I'm glad that you have found this out now and could reverse it before something worse happens then a ring from your doctor xx