ksmith

Even Light Exercise Can Speed Stroke Recovery

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-04-13/even-light-exercise-can-speed-stroke-recovery

By Robert Preidt, HealthDay Reporter

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.beam.usnews.com%

MONDAY, April 13, 2020 (HealthDay News) -- Even light exercise can counter the damage of stroke in survivors, a new study suggest

Good article for me because with the warmer Michigan weather I skip my indoor exercises to get out on the land and in the sun on the nice days. I was not convinced that it had the benefits of the bike and weight machine but thought it did. Now I know.

Good read, thanks for posting up.

Posted (edited)

i bought a recumbent trike, its fun to ride and great exercise, the long hill in my neighborhood was a challenge but gets easier every time.We are going to modify the right brake control to work both front brakes.

our  gym just opened back up, i missed working out, and after my first post corona time there , i was so sore 

i couldn't move.Went again today and cut back a bit on the weight and feel way better.I try to work my affected arm with other arm assistance until it works the machine alone.Some moves require very little weight to start, like 5lbs.I then move up as I am able. Gives me new goals to shoot for.

Edited by alansd
addition, editing spelling

All sounds great Alan. So nice to know your gym is open again. Mine should be reopening Jun 22 unless something upsets the schedule.  Oh yes on the weights required to start with. I find if I can get a little resistance it is much easier to find the movement/muscle I need, but it also fatigues very quickly. Some I use only 1kg weights (2.2lbs)

Yay Heather!

I was just watching The Business on ABC and theywere talking about gyms.

One gym guy was astounded that the pokies were open but not gyms.

Apparently people are spending their super on gambling. 

Crazy world. 

So glad you know a date for the gym.

💚

Also a lot of the people who routinely go the gambling venues are in higher risk demographics. But like many of the rules they are not consistent in what is allowed/necessary, and often they have hidden/non obvious purposes. Like shutting schools was more about preventing adults mingling (pickup/drop off etc.) than keeping kids safe

been riding my trike, not very far as the hills i my area are tough.But it is exercise for sure,left leg couldn'r pedal the first few times, now it can.

next comes strengthening it.The gym routine has eased up some, I slowed it down and lightened the  weights as needed.

Few members are there, but enough of my old friends that it is rewarding to go there, plus it gets me  into my car with the top down.Such fun.