Young survivor in north cal

Jondoty

Hello my name is Jon im 35 living in Pacifica,CA. (about 15 miles south of San Francisco) would be interested in hearing from any other young survivors in my area about ways you have found to cope with the drastic changes stroke has brought to our lives.

I'm not in your area, in fact I'm across the country from you but young when I had my stroke I am.

I fall into a odd category for I lost a lot of my memories before my stroke of how I was. Sounds Black Mirror..i know. But with that, I was able to start off fresh, or as fresh as you can. It was hard and still is hard, for me. I'm 46 now and as a result, or one of the issues, I now have social anxiety. I never did before and with that I can't plan anything for I get exhausted very easily now.  But, having said all of that, I'm happy. I enjoy being home. My friends and family thinks that weird for I was never home before.  Dealing with a change in your life is never easy or can't compare to another survivor experience. It took me a long time to feel OK in my skin, post stroke. Some people find happiness easily but others not so much.  A lot of the process is what your deficits are.  Own your own experience. You have to find what works for you.  ( I lost my train of thought lol) 

Archived